Wifi support on TV box S10 Amlogic S912

spirake

Good evening I am new to the forum and I have a request, who can help me with the wifi solution for my T-TV box S10 Amlogic S912. I have installed armbian version Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Aml-s9xx-box_kinetic_edge_6.0.9_xfce_desktop with DTB meson-gxm-q200 - mod. Bluetooth works but not WIFI. The chip is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377. I have no experience in linux. Thank you

Hi for those who know, I installed Armbian_23.02.0_amlogic_s912_bullseye_6.0.12_server_2022.12.08 and with dtb meson-gxm-q200-mod wifi works, but when I install Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Aml-s9xx-box_sid_edge_6.0.12_xfce_desktop it no longer works. Does anyone know which is problem? Why doesn't wifi also work in the desktop version?

30 minutes ago, spirake said:

Armbian_23.02.0_amlogic_s912_bullseye_6.0.12_server_2022.12.08

This doesn't look like any Armbian build.  Where did you get this build?

Also please read this TV box FAQ post: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

(Note the parts about TV boxes not being supported and not to expect wifi to work.)

The link you posted  above is to a site not affiliated with Armbian.  They have a fork of armbian but continue to use the Armbian name without permission.  They do not participate in Armbian development, nor to they contribute to these forums.  If you have any questions about their code, you need to direct it to them at their site.

Overall you are comparing desktop from one provider to command line from a different provider.  (comparing apples to oranges essentially).

As for the Armbian build, please read the following TV Box FAQ post: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

(The short answer is wifi doesn't work on most amlogic TV boxes with the Armbian builds - in fact not a single box I own has working wifi)