solidrun board, Debian and ttyports

weaver4

I am using your Debian (jessie) on the new SolidRun Hummingboard-Edge board. [Linux cubox-i 3.14.14-cubox-i #8 SMP Sun Jul 12 19:03:09 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux]

I am planning on using the RS-485 on the board that is tied to UART2.  But I noticed that ttymxc0 (UART1) and ttymc3 (UART4) are the only tty ports that have drivers associated with them. [ "dmesg | grep tty" ]

How can I turn on the driver that is associated with UART2 (ttymxc1)?

Thanks,

You will need to decompile DTB (hummingboard) add UART2 definitions and recompile. This is theory ... but. I don't know what are correct numbers - for this you will need to check technical manuals or contact SolidRun.

https://github.com/linux4kix/linux-linaro-stable-mx6/blob/linux-linaro-lsk-v3.14-mx6/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-microsom.dtsi

Look how it is done for UART1 and 4

The Hummingboard-Edge uses UART2 for the RS485 port.  This port is actually tied to a RS485 chip on the board.  So it is unusable without the Kernel being modified so I am surprised it is not on the Debian "build".

Do you know if there is a plan to add drivers to Debian to support the new hummingboard-edge and hummingboard-gate board?

Thanks, That helps.

I was hoping to find a solution that did not require a change to the kernel to avoid some pain; but that may not be the case.

I have asked solidrun for there opionon on this issue and will get back with you once I hear back from them.

I am using your Debian (jessie) on the new SolidRun Hummingboard-Edge board. [Linux cubox-i 3.14.14-cubox-i #8 SMP Sun Jul 12 19:03:09 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux]

I am planning on using the RS-485 on the board that is tied to UART2.  But I noticed that ttymxc0 (UART1) and ttymc3 (UART4) are the only tty ports that have drivers associated with them. [ "dmesg | grep tty" ]

How can I turn on the driver that is associated with UART2 (ttymxc1)?

Thanks,

Hi,

Which distro/image did you use on your Edge board?

-Seb.