We are ready to offer a Bountysource donation to Armbian

maximumsettings

Well done amazingfate! The system is running smoothly, and I'll be sharing more demos soon. Moreover, I was able to effortlessly configure both the WiFi adapters and Bluetooth, achieving a decent speed of 600Mbps+  on the former, and connecting multiple Bluetooth earbuds seamlessly on the latter. Regrettably, I couldn't establish a Bluetooth connection with any of my Xbox gamepads via Bluetooth. Using the provided WiFi dongle, I successfully connected my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via WiFi. I plan on experimenting with non-Xbox controllers over the weekend.   Lastly I have encountered some intermittent Firefox crashes while browsing YouTube. Fortunately, it seems like the problem has been resolved with the latest Armbian_23.02.0-trunk update.

Link to the functional WiFi and Bluetooth devices that I am currently utilizing
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VWEK4IG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FCN6WGX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B007EHO03A/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3U48XRYIX3GK8&keywords=Xbox+360+Wireless&qid=1677269043&s=electronics&sprefix=xbox+360+wireless%2Celectronics%2C76&sr=1-2

I have a quick update on our ongoing internal testing. It appears that with each new image release, stability is improving. We've had a positive experience with ultrawide resolutions, 3440 x 1440 and 4K 3840 x 2160, and haven't encountered any significant artifacting or disconnections. However, we haven't managed to connect an Xbox controller via Bluetooth yet. If anyone has been successful in doing so, we'd appreciate hearing about it and the Bluetooth dongle used.

I wanted to provide you with a brief update on our progress with the Orange Pi 5 and Moonlight. In the past few months, we have distributed 10 devices to our employees and colleagues, who have been using them as their main streaming devices. The overall experience has been excellent, as no significant problems have been reported. One thing we have noticed is that when operating at really high bit-rates of 120Mbps, the device appears to experience frame loss after some time. I'm uncertain whether there is some form of throttling occurring in this case. We were unable to reproduce this issue on a standard desktop.

Soon, I will be sharing several demonstrations showcasing the Orange Pi 5 in action. These demos will include streaming examples ranging from a basic 1080p stream to an impressive 4K stream at 80Mbps.

Edited by maximumsettings

• Werner unpinned this topic