First install stops with root@orangepi5~# Trapped there with no way to get to desktop. Help please

wilfy
Go to solution Solved by wilfy,

I have an Orange pi 5 (could not find this in the tags list). I have created the Armbian micro sd card successfully I believe. However when I run this I get a long list of command line entries. I complete the enter password/user name entries then I end up at the following command root@orangepi5~#  Then everything stops, no desktop just this command. Is it possible to get to the desktop by typing something into this command. As I understand it you should get one single chance to get to the desktop on first run, I apparently have not got this one chance. I believe I am trapped in the command line with no way at all to escape to the desktop. I will be polite and say I find this setup to be strange to say the least.

I have successfully used the Orange pi OS on the Orange pi 5, It just went straight to the desktop as it should. Also I have used Raspbian on my raspberry pi 4, again the first run went straight to the desktop. If it is possible to go to a desktop with a normal GUI how do I do this please. Any help would be much appreciated.