[Xorg-Xrandr DISCUSSION] Unable to log in Bookworm after credential, HDMI signal lost

SoSie

Hello All,

I spent mainly a week figuring out why it was a nightmare with cinnamon on debian
I thought it was a matter of cinnamon version and/or mesa version of panfrost
but it was a modeline detection problem from xorg.

After trying my luck I finally discover where the bad duck resided on debian versions :

-  bullseye who was lagging , managing to use mali accel but overflowded with log errors

- bookworm was loosing HDMI signal just after login in..

I will only talk about bookworm 
In fact, cinnamon internal xrandr, tool who detect the screen modelines, fails to access and to grab screen EDID modelines like xrandr did.
it results it acts like it was in headless mode. Taking this into account I reinstalled the xorg-dummy-video pacakge and my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/01-armbian_defaults.conf
l provided in

then it succeed to login in low res. 720x480 declared in /boot/armbianEnv.txt. Fromcinnamon it is impossible to change the resolution display,
the display tool did not react in cinnamon-settings, it crashes. I have to use the alternate arandr. to change the screen resolution on each reboot