TVBOX M4xq with ik316 EMCP 1.0

javaxsousa

I have this tvbox model as per the attached photos. I tried to run the image: Armbian_23.5.2_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.1.30
but the error appeared: 
U-Boot SPL 2021.04 (May 25 2023 - 13:06:08 +0200)
DRAM:This DRAM setup is currently not supported.

I was able to extract the dtb files along with the  boot.img and bootloader.img. but I'm 
sending the files that I dumped. The link is below because I couldn't 
attach it here.from this tvbox. can anybody help me?

dumped dtb and boot.img and bootloader.img: https://we.tl/t-xp8WGoP80f

front ik316.jpeg

front1ik316.jpg

bootik316.txt

well, after many attempts I managed to boot Armbian on the TVbox with emcp chip, you really have to change the parameters in defconfig and recompile to generate ou-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin,but the internal network card still doesn't work from the ik316 which is the same h616 used network usb and the HDMI output doesn't work.
The latest version of Armbian: Armbian_23.8.3_Orangepizero2_b gives error after u-boot:
starting systemd-udevd version 252.12-1~deb12u1
[    2.600465] thermal thermal_zone0: gpu-thermal: critical temperature reached, shutting down
[    2.608985] reboot: HARDWARE PROTECTION shutdown (Temperature too high)

I used the version Armbian 22.08.6 Jammy with bleeding edge Linux 5.19.16-sunxi64 and with modified spl.bin

orangepi-ik316.png

Edited by javaxsousa

7 hours ago, javaxsousa said:

The latest version of Armbian: Armbian_23.8.3_Orangepizero2_b gives error after u-boot: starting systemd-udevd version 252.12-1~deb12u1 [ 2.600465] thermal thermal_zone0: gpu-thermal: critical temperature reached, shutting down [ 2.608985] reboot: HARDWARE PROTECTION shutdown (Temperature too high)

You didn't mention what was the kernel you used that gave you the issue. The error message is simply stating that your gpu overheated and hence the system is shutting down. May be your dtb needs some adjustment to make proper use of thermal subsystem and frequency scaling for gpu.

@andre2b sorry my delay of answer this question , but I used image from armbian but I compile u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin and make this command:

dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/yourcard bs=1k seek=8 conv=fsync on sd card with armbian installed.

I attached a copy of u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin here, try it and see if it works

I didn't send the complete image because I still haven't been able to recompile it with the complete Armbian.

u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin

Edited by javaxsousa

Thanks for the reply @javaxsousa, but unfortunately it didn´t work.

I Downloaded the image from https://armbian.hosthatch.com/archive/orangepizero2/archive/Armbian_22.08.7_Orangepizero2_jammy_edge_5.19.16.img.xz , burned it to the sd card and run your command but I still have a blank screen :(

I'll keep checking the forum for any progress you or some one else makes, and if I can make it work I'll also leave a message.

Thanks