Is there a wireless keyboard which works with the Orange Pi 5?

Peter Gamma 02

I don t know for sure a wireless keyboard which works with the Orange Pi 5. Crosstalk Solutions says on his YouTube channel that the Rii (Upgrade) i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad, Blacklit Portable Wireless Keyboard with 2.4G USB dongle for Smartphones, PC, Table works with the Orange Pi 5:

https://kit.co/crosstalk/orange-pi-5

But Crosstalk Solutions does not show a proof of function in his video, and I don t know anybody else who confirms a wireless keyboard who is working with the Orange Pi 5. Do you know a wireless keyboard?

Thanks ArmBoy1988 for your answer,

The Logitech k400r is still available in Switzerland, it is a dektop keyboard with trackpad and his own 2.4G USB dongle.

biblioman09 showed on his YouTube channel a Orange Pi 5 with desktop usb keyboard and mouse which worked fine as well.

But these are desktop keyboards and mice, and I am looking for a wireless mini keyboard for the Orange Pi 5. But if the Logitech k400r works for you with it’s own 2.4G USB dongle, then

«Rii (Upgrade) i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with 2.4G USB Dongle»

which has his own 2.4G USB Dongle eventually works as well.

The «Rii (Upgrade) i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with 2.4G USB Dongle» supports both Bluetooth and 2.4G wireless with it’s own USB dongle, it is a dual keyboard, and it is part of the the Crosstalk Solutions Orange Pi 5 kit:

https://kit.co/crosstalk/orange-pi-5

Crosstalk Solutions says on his YouTube channel that is works, altough he does not show a proof of function.

Biblioman09 who tested a Wifi & Bluetooth module with the Orange Pi 5 Plus on his YouTube channel writes in the comments of his video, that Bluetooth keyboards and mice probably won’t work with the module he tested.

So if the The Logitech k400r with his own 2.4G USB dongle work with the Orange Pi 5, other wireless keyboard and mice with their own 2.4G USB dongle eventually work as well, but not Bluetooth keyboard and mice witout their own dongle. That is my hypothesis after I did a lot of research about this topic.

@Peter Gamma 02 I don't see any reason why a bt keyboard or mouse wouldn't work as long as it isn't a proprietary device that has a specific connection method and hidden pin that you're not able to hack. If it's a bt device that works on ble you should have an adapter that supports ble and use the right utility to connect with it. As long as it works on a PC it works on a SBC.

That the person from crosstalk solutions says not all devices work and sell items selected for the orange pi (bull sh...) himself or at least make profit of it, says enough. 

btw this question is asked before and there is a search bar for it in the upper right.

Anything with it's own 2.4Ghz USB dongle should work because the wireless connectivity happens outside of the Orange Pi board sphere.

I have a variety of them, from the Logitech 400 to the cheapest of the Rii style clones.

So my own focus would be on which device has the best battery usage and which keyboards and trackpads etc seem to have the best tactile inputs, which is where carrying out some YouTube reviews will likely give you more ideas of which ones may suit your tastes and needs.