SSD boot script not working

ril3y

Question

I have debian installed on my hummingboard pro.  When I execute nand-sata-install script it looks like it works.  It asks me to reboot but then issuing a df -h or mount does not show that I have a 32gb drive mounted on /.  

Is there something else I have to do after I run this script?

Thanks!

ril3y

13 answers to this question

I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I had a 1gb partition created on the SSD then a 31gb partition.   What the script does is take the first partition and uses that as the  /  I figured I would post this as an answer vs. just deleting it incase someone else stumbles into this.

Just make 1 partition and it works just fine.

ril3y

Hi,

I also have problems in booting from SATA with UDOO Quad.

I used the "nand-sata-install" script, it completed successfuly, but I still can't boot from SATA.

In the past I succeded to boot from SATA with older u-boot (2013 version), as I remember I had to use an uImage.

Please help me make an uSD card with the newer u-boot (2015 version) and the uImage for Kernel 3.14.28 (Wheezy) so I can boot from SATA.

Thank you.

Chris

Can you post more details - which kernel, base system (Wheezy, Jessie, Trusty) and Armbian version are you using. I'll take a look.

Install script has been totally reworked in past few months. Now it's possible to boot from any partition.

I use the legacy kernel 3.14.28 (Armbian 4.5) Wheezy, and upgraded to a custom kernel (3.14.58).

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the script finishes successfully but when rebooting, the u-boot stucks saying "Loading kernel...", and that's all, it's staying there forever.

Thank you.

Chris

Thanks a lot. I confirm that the new config kernel works for Wheezy (3.14.28/58).

Yes, I want to use it as a server, but I have a problem with strongswan 5.2.1 or kernel 4.2.8. I succeded to compile a custom kernel, based on 4.2.8, with everything that strongswan (5.2.1) needs to work, but even if I can start and establish the tunnel, I can't access any device at the other end of the tunnel (udoo side). I tried to establish a IPSEC tunnel.

That was the reason I returned to the legacy kernel (because with strongswan 5.0.4, I can make the VPN work). Honestly, I would like to use the vanilla kernel with strongswan 5.2.1, but I really need to have ipsec working, and I couldn't make it work.

My guess is that strongswan (5.2.1) has a bug, that's why I can't make it work, the way I want. I spent hundreds of hours to make it work, but no success. The bad thing is that I can't debug anything because the daemon tells me that everything is allright, but it still doesn't work (no ping, no nothing).

Thanks again for your help.

Now, I can start to make us of 'udoo board' the way I wanted.

Best regards,

Chris