Sata still not working on lamobo R1

agemio

hi,

I am th owner of a lamobo r1 card. Last days i'have tried more than 10 debian/bananian/ubuntu/raspian/openwrt image.

Most of them work fine. Community image are often better than sinovoip one ... ;)

Unfortunatly, my sata HDD never work. I'm using a seagate 1TB SSHD.

I currently using the armbian ubuntu image. At boot, the hdd spin up and stop, and ubuntu don't boot. If I remove the HDD everthing work fine.

Anybody have a working hdd using the micro usb power port ?

I use an ipad charger and a good one meter usb cable.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If I should provide more details, please let me know

Thanks

agemio

I use an ipad charger and a good one meter usb cable.

Does this mean you simply trust in charger and cable and believe they're able to deliver enough current/voltage? Or did you check it?

On the R1 using an image with kernel 3.4.x it's pretty easy to get a clue if you run in undervoltage/undercurrent issues or not. Simply query the PSU using sysfs (unfortunately this still does not work with mainline kernel due to missing drivers)

To get a clue which sysfs entries to query and what the problem is (undervoltage might happen only in situations when the system consumes more power) read this thread here: http://www.lemaker.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8312&fromuid=33332

Hi,

look at label on the disk, there should be power consumption. I have tested R1 with ordinary mechanical disks with consumption <500mA. In this case is USB power strong enough. If your disk have consumption ~1A, USB is not enough.