Armbian 23.8.2 Jammy / 6.5.2-edge-rockchip64: No serial console after kernel loaded

Michał Fita

I successfully booted this one and connected over Ethernet. Haven't checked WiFi yet.

However, the observation comparing to the original Rockchip's Jammy image: the serial port goes quiet after the U-Boot fires up the kernel.

The bootloader on the board and the _original_ kernel use non-standard 1500000 baudrate serial speed for the console. I haven't looked into Armbian's guts yet, but I assume it's a matter of right kernel boot arguments for this board to actually spit out kernel output over serial. What I'm not sure is if the console can be cloned between serial and UI over HDMI (console on the frame buffer if I'm right).

I'm open to experimentation and pushing a PR, but hints would be welcome where to look at.

Thank you.

Disclaimer
My company has some plans related to RK3366 being proposed as SBC platform to host our products, hence interest in the Orange Pi 3B - the board we're exercising now. But nothing is set in stone yet. If this succeeds, we may commit to certain maintenance efforts at some later date.