Anyone have experience getting Xenomai integrated into Armbian? (Particularly for Amlogic boards.)

Charles Lee Scoville

Hello.

I am wondering if anyone here has Xenomai working for Amlogic platforms? I'm particularly interested in applying Xenomai to Le Potato/Sweat Potato.

According to them, Xenomai is current and working for the Amlogic S905X3 (Odroid C4), though I have failed to find any source, patches, or images for that board. As far as I can tell, aside from some minor performance improvements here and there, the Odroid C4's SoC layout is very comparable to what the Potato boards have. So I only expect minor changes, if anything, to go from that SoC to the Potato's SoC.

Xenomai's own guide to porting the dovetail interface is pretty good; I'll do that if I have too. I'm just not trying to reinvent 80% of the wheel if I don't have to either. Not trying to get out of doing work, just doing it twice would be silly.

Constructive comments most appreciated! ๐Ÿ˜„

(FYI, I'm not new to GNU/Linux, the cli, gcc, make, compiling in general, etc. etc. In fact, I have had a build system for Armbian up and running for months now, and can build functional images with it. I've even marginally contributed to Armbian. TL;DR: I won't need much hand holding, just help over one or two obstacles.)