helios64 23.11, think mistake in information

BipBip1981

Hi,

Today i make upgrade to 23.11 armbian on my Helios64.

It's in bookworm version (apt source list is good, no change since 23.08) but now it display this:

Welcome to Armbian 23.11.1 Buster with Linux 6.1.63-current-rockchip64

No end-user support: community creations & unsupported (buster) userspace!

it's a bug?

thank

have a nice day

I think that you are very lucky, since your kernel 6.1.63 got compiled last night - it was 6.1.50 before lacking support for USB devices.

You should be very careful with Armbian updates until Armbian on Helios64 is maintained by someone.

Unfortunately that message is no joke. Armbian turned away from a being community project.

Edited by ebin-dev

14 hours ago, ebin-dev said:

You should be very careful with Armbian updates until Armbian on Helios64 is maintained by someone.

image.png.3ad1520738edc5c453dceeee293433c6.png

Fully Agree.  I might have a replacement for the Helios64 on the way, if/when it arrives I'll be able to do some tests on the Helios64 as it won't be my active machine, but as you see above I haven't updated in a *long* time.

On 12/1/2023 at 4:52 AM, TonyMac32 said:

I might have a replacement for the Helios64 on the way, if/when it arrives I'll be able to do some tests on the Helios64 as it won't be my active machine, but as you see above I haven't updated in a *long* time.

With a ZFS pool you have to be especially careful. I have no plans whatsoever to replace Helios64 - it performs "better than ever" with the 2.5 G interface (bookworm, linux 5.10.63 and linux-u-boot-edge-helios64_22.02.1_arm64). Will try 5.15.52 🙂.

I would love to run it with linux 6.6 (with a different r8152 driver) but since Armbian develops into "closed source" (see this example, drivers_network file hashed) it becomes increasingly difficult on this platform.

Edited by ebin-dev