worked im for Banana Pi M3

Tu Hu

ok... were all the power supplys barrel jack or did you try micro-usb as well. I personally use raspberry pi official power supply for my allwinner devices as it supply 5.1v instead of 5v. That generally makes allwinner devices run more reliably for me. If you have one of them, I will suggest using the same.

8 часов назад, Tu Hu сказал:

The old IMG 5.83 works very well on my board.

Unfortunately, this happens.
In order to understand the difference, let's try to compare the output of this working image with what you provided last time.
To do this, please publish the dmesg output file from this working image without timestamps:

dmesg --notime >lod_5.83_notime.txt

P.S. Please add the DTB file from this image

Edited by going
Add P.S.

Hmm... I only found one mention of that image on the forum and nothing else. Can you share the content of /etc/armbian-release file? That file generally has the commit id in it which can help in tracing the sources.

14 minutes ago, Tu Hu said:

the log is very short.

I believe thats because its using hdmi for most of the logging. Thats also the case for our current images, hence I asked you to set console=serial to use serial for logging instead. As this image works, you can either use armbianmonitor -u or dmesg to get kernel logs and share the same.

@goingWhat type of power supply do you use? Are you also using a power supply with barrel jack connector? What is the power rating for the your power supply?

@going Armbian_23.10_Bananapim3_bookworm_edge_6.4.10_minimal - boots and expands fine, the caps lock light works as well now ! reboots fine. sudo apt-get update works,  sudo apt-get upgrade works, and reboots.

Armbian_community_24.2.0-trunk.449_Bananapim3_bookworm_current_6.6.13 - boots and expands fine, caps lock light works. sudo reboot now, shuts down, and fails on reboot, power down/up reboot fails too. Attached logs

system.journalsystem.journalsystem.journal

kern.log syslog system@11efa2ed424246fabfc13bc624702e97-0000000000000001-00060fba61d3372c.journal

It looks like we must have hardware differences. I have a total of 5 BananaPi M3's so have quite an investment. I have run two for over 5 years on two separate phases of Armbian. The older ones upgraded across versions from Jessie to Stretch. Then I did a separate Buster install when Stretch failed to upgrade. Buster then failed and the image would not then upgrade. I will do more tests with the 24.2.0 Bookworm current-6.6.13 on more devices. Also will parallel test the working 23.10 Bookworm edge-6.4.10-minimal.

git clone --depth=120 --branch=pbs-master https://github.com/The-going/armbian-build

Does not seem to build for me on Ubuntu-22.04.3 LTS

MKIMAGE u-boot.img
  MKIMAGE u-boot-dtb.img
  BINMAN  all
[ info ] Building deb [ linux-u-boot-bananapim3-current_2022.07_armhf.deb ]
[ info ] Checking git sources [ linux-mainline/6.1 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git origin/linux-6.1.y ]
[ .... ]  Cleaning ....  [ 9 files ]
error: pathspec 'HEAD' did not match any file(s) known to git
[ info ] Fetching [ origin ]
/home/aaron/GitHub/armbian-build/lib/general/git.sh: line 156: [: v6.1.11: unary operator expected
/home/aaron/GitHub/armbian-build/lib/general/git.sh: line 156: [: linux-6.1.y: unary operator expected
[ .... ] Up to date 
[ info ] Cleaning [ linux-mainline/6.1 ]
grep: /home/aaron/GitHub/armbian-build/cache/sources/linux-mainline/6.1/Makefile: No such file or directory
grep: /home/aaron/GitHub/armbian-build/cache/sources/linux-mainline/6.1/Makefile: No such file or directory
fatal: ambiguous argument 'HEAD': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:
'git <command> [<revision>...] -- [<file>...]'
fatal: ambiguous argument 'HEAD': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:
'git <command> [<revision>...] -- [<file>...]'
[ .... ] series.conf file visible. Apply 
[ .... ] apply a series of  [ [550] patches ]
[ .... ] skip [7] patches 
[ FAILED ]  patches.megous/clk-sunxi-ng-Set-maximum-P-and-M-factors-to-1-for-H3-pll-cpux-c.patch
[ FAILED ]  patches.megous/clk-sunxi-ng-Don-t-use-CPU-PLL-gating-and-CPUX-reparenting-to-H.patch

9 минут назад, AaronNGray сказал:

no it's stuck in continuous boot trial and rebooting.

That's the problem!
While I was reading and comparing logs, you seem to have found it.
Can't you pull the plug out of the socket, just turn off the power?  It is necessary to turn off the poweroff command!

16 минут назад, AaronNGray сказал:

Does not seem to build for me on Ubuntu-22.04.3 LTS

The repository is in a shaky state.
A configuration file is required.
Tomorrow I'll try to build something and publish a working configuration file.
By the way, you can rebuild any system source package in this branch.

@going

Can't you pull the plug out of the socket, just turn off the power?  It is necessary to turn off the poweroff command! 

I try both, using the 'sudo reboot now' is the best method of restarting a machine. I use it remotely on upgrading machines.

@Gunjan Gupta in the Armbian_5.83_Bananapim3> armbian-image-release

# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=bananapim3
BOARD_NAME="Banana Pi M3"
BOARDFAMILY=sun8i
VERSION=5.83
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi
BRANCH=next
ARCH=arm
IMAGE_TYPE=stable
BOARD_TYPE=csc
INITRD_ARCH=arm
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=zImage
IMAGE_UUID=0de509c3-93b2-4c43-b227-2a5a7d0ed2aa

Armbian_23.10_Bananapim3_bookworm_edge_6.4.10_minimal - is giving me Russian or Greek on apt-get messages, despite choosing the correct Locale.

Its installed okay on a 256GB Samsung uSDCard and seems fine other than the apt messages being in Russian.

Edited by AaronNGray

15 минут назад, AaronNGray сказал:

I try both, using the 'sudo reboot now' is the best method of restarting a machine.

I tried to "kill" the flash drive and the OS on it by pulling the plug out of the socket.

It's on the image: Armbian_community_24.2.0-trunk.449_Bananapim3_bookworm_current_6.6.13
It didn't work out. There is a slight freeze for 1 minute, and then everything continues to work.

The reboot & poweroff commands are working fine.

25 минут назад, AaronNGray сказал:

is giving me Russian or Greek on apt-get messages, despite choosing the correct Locale.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

It's on the image: Armbian_community_24.2.0-trunk.449_Bananapim3_bookworm_current_6.6.13
It didn't work out. There is a slight freeze for 1 minute, and then everything continues to work.

The reboot & poweroff commands are working fine.

I don't fully follow ? I tried this a number of times on different hardware both machine and uSDCard's.

16 часов назад, Tu Hu сказал:

in the Armbian_5.83_Bananapim3> armbian-image-release

# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=bananapim3
BOARD_NAME="Banana Pi M3"
BOARDFAMILY=sun8i
VERSION=5.83
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi
BRANCH=next
ARCH=arm
IMAGE_TYPE=stable
BOARD_TYPE=csc
INITRD_ARCH=arm
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=zImage
IMAGE_UUID=0de509c3-93b2-4c43-b227-2a5a7d0ed2aa

Unfortunately, the build system does not guarantee to reproduce the build,

but this information helped me find out that the uboot RAM settings were changed after the time this image was created.

@Gunjan Gupta Today, the CONFIG_DRAM_CLK parameter is set to 384 for this BPI-M3 board.

This happens both in the patch for this board and encoded in the build system.
But the author of the topic uses an image where this parameter in uboot is left by default and is equal to 480.
I assumed that the uboot developers had the same fee.

I ran the build with these changes in uboot -> CONFIG_DRAM_CLK=480.

2 hours ago, going said:

Today, the CONFIG_DRAM_CLK parameter is set to 384 for this BPI-M3 board.

This happens both in the patch for this board and encoded in the build system.

I was only able to relocate the patch that sets the value. Not sure where you found it encoded in the build system for BPi M3. Anyways does removing the patch and booting from corresponding images fixes the issue? I can not test as I don't have the board.

6 минут назад, Gunjan Gupta сказал:

I was only able to relocate the patch that sets the value. Not sure where you found it encoded in the build system for BPi M3. Anyways does removing the patch and booting from corresponding images fixes the issue? I can not test as I don't have the board.

This is a very big problem of the build system.

Manufacturers solder different chips in different batches, but the name of the board remains the same.

The most active members of the community receive the boards first and the probability that they have

these devices from the same manufacturer's batch is very high.
As a result, a patch appears that suits everyone.

But the next batch of the manufacturer makes us strain answering questions on the forum.

To remove a patch is to deprive the support of those users for whom it is good.
We should be able to change some settings on the fly without making changes to the algorithm and code of the build system itself.
Check it out:

armbian/build> grep -nr CONFIG_DRAM_CLK ./*

First, you need to check how the changes will work for different users, and then we will think about how to make universal changes.

____  ____  _   __  __ _____ 
| __ )|  _ \(_) |  \/  |___ / 
|  _ \| |_) | | | |\/| | |_ \ 
| |_) |  __/| | | |  | |___) |
|____/|_|   |_| |_|  |_|____/ 

Welcome to Armbian 23.10 Bookworm with Linux 6.4.16

No end-user support: built from trunk & unsupported (bookworm) userspace!

System load:   11%              Up time:       0 min
Memory usage:  5% of 1.96G      IP:            192.168.100.101
CPU temp:      45�°C            Usage of /:    14% of 7.2G

The system has become more responsive. For my board, changes are good.

Edited by going
Add P.S.

31 minutes ago, going said:

Check it out:

armbian/build> grep -nr CONFIG_DRAM_CLK ./*

I did checked it out. It was only changed in one place for BPi M3. I hope you are not suggesting to change for every other board as well.

To remove a patch is to deprive the support of those users for whom it is good.

First, you need to check how the changes will work for different users, and then we will think about how to make universal changes.

I was only talking about this patch - patch/u-boot/u-boot-sunxi/board_bananapim3/adjust-default-dram-clockspeeds.patch . And I think we already have users with 3 different types of board here. As I understand you represent the set for whom the current patch works well. This also makes you the perfect candidate to test if removing the patch keeps the board working well as well. Once you can confirm that, we can ask @AaronNGray and @Tu Hu to try the same image as well