CSC Armbian for RK322x TV box boards

jock

45 minutes ago, n3o said:

Seriously, are you thinking that thousands of log lines of the original android (I read kernel 3.10) are of any use?

Paste the logs of the problematic boot, not when it goes well, damn!

33 minutes ago, jock said:

Seriously, are you thinking that thousands of log lines of the original android (I read kernel 3.10) are of any use?

Paste the logs of the problematic boot, not when it goes well, damn!

First of all that log was related to boot without sd inserted (in such case android go to recovery mode and it doesn't go well), after that I think that the problem is the same to android boot and sd card boot.

I have tried to connect the device to another pc with windows 7, also in this case isn't recognized from windows. Can be the driver assistant 5.1.1 the cause of problem or I must necessary work on pin?

Should I follow this tut https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/page/5/#comment-99167

?

to short pin 7 and pin 8 it's enough use a clip such this  https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2012/04/14/16/54/paperclip-34594_1280.png

?

Edited by n3o

Hi, i have a problem when i burn the multitool in the SD card. In the instruction said that the armbian image has to be placed in the images folder from the FAT partition but the only partition that have an Images folder is NTFS. I already tried many times with different burners and the result is the same. It should work the same or no?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb n3o:

First of all that log was related to boot without sd inserted (in such case android go to recovery mode and it doesn't go well), after that I think that the problem is the same to android boot and sd card boot.

@n3o

Yes I know you want a box that will boot Armbian only with insert SD card and you are fine, now we have some difficulties and you try to read all that can help and try to do things by yourself while waiting.

You try to do the right steps but as last time please be more patient.

Yes we now know that you have some exp in software but not linux and not this box. Yes we understand that you try to understand every step and try to be a good help but please dont mix topic.
Not every box is the same, not every chip is the same, so not all pictures are like your box.

Jock want the log files, not picture of the boot from mutitool and/or log file of trying direct flash armbian on sd card and then boot.

We can not support Android or anything that comes from Android.

Yes we are very, very short in describing what we expect in every single step we want from everyone who has problem and ask for help.

But here are so many who just post not working and thats it or people who dont read first topic.

And also we are write so often to try to help and we think that many have already followed that our topic is Armbian on this box or dont understand that this all is also our free time and hobby. We think that people should understand that this is all at their own risk and that they need to understand something about what they are about to do like uart adapter or working with ssh or console.

Edited by RaptorSDS

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Juan Pautasso:

Hi, i have a problem when i burn the multitool in the SD card. In the instruction said that the armbian image has to be placed in the images folder from the FAT partition but the only partition that have an Images folder is NTFS. I already tried many times with different burners and the result is the same. It should work the same or no?

thats sound not right , there should only one drive with a partion (fat) with all multitool files and there a folder for images ( also compressed ones allowed)  , there should no ntfs

do you try another sd-card or re download the multitiool

1 hour ago, Juan Pautasso said:

16 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

thats sound not right , there should only one drive with a partion (fat) with all multitool files and there a folder for images ( also compressed ones allowed)  , there should no ntfs

Actually I forgot to update the first post: the FAT partition has now been changed to NTFS to overcome the 4GB maximum file size limitation of FAT32.

I think I made a post about that, but forgot to update the first post. Sorry, I'm going to fix that right now!

Despite that, the multitool works exactly the same as before.

1 hour ago, RaptorSDS said:

@n3o

Yes I know you want a box that will boot Armbian only with insert SD card and you are fine, now we have some difficulties and you try to read all that can help and try to do things by yourself while waiting.

You try to do the right steps but as last time please be more patient.

Yes we now know that you have some exp in software but not linux and not this box. Yes we understand that you try to understand every step and try to be a good help but please dont mix topic.
Not every box is the same, not every chip is the same, so not all pictures are like your box.

Jock want the log files, not picture of the boot from mutitool and/or log file of trying direct flash armbian on sd card and then boot.

We can not support Android or anything that comes from Android.

Yes we are very, very short in describing what we expect in every single step we want from everyone who has problem and ask for help.

But here are so many who just post not working and thats it or people who dont read first topic.

And also we are write so often to try to help and we think that many have already followed that our topic is Armbian on this box or dont understand that this all is also our free time and hobby. We think that people should understand that this is all at their own risk and that they need to understand something about what they are about to do like uart adapter or working with ssh or console.

ok, to recap: if I run the box without sd card, Android start but stop to recovery mode.

If I insert sd card with multiboot, system doesn't load.

If I with the toothpick push rear to av jack and plug the power cable, nothing happen.

If I insert OTG usb and install driver 5.1.1 windows (both the laptop with windows 10 that the laptop with windows 7 doesn't recognize the box).

Now I have 2 question:

1. what steps should I make to retrieve log files that want Jock? You have wrote that Jock isn't interested to "log file of trying direct flash armbian on sd card" ... but what log he want?

2. how does it work the procedure of short the pin?

here attach some images related to my board:

2023-02-19-00-17-25.jpg

2023-02-19-00-17-43.jpg

2023-02-19-00-17-54.jpg

2023-02-19-00-18-04.jpg

2023-02-19-00-19-10.jpg

vor 6 Minuten schrieb n3o:

ok, to recap: if I run the box without sd card, Android start but stop to recovery mode.

If I insert sd card with multiboot, system doesn't load.

If I with the toothpick push rear to av jack and plug the power cable, nothing happen.

If I insert OTG usb and install driver 5.1.1 windows (both the laptop with windows 10 that the laptop with windows 7 doesn't recognize the box).

ok thank you

but if no HDMI output it doesnt say the system isnt running or booting !!! some box have HDMI issue and the box still running in the backround !!!

i dont know why in heaven or god or any other lyric in english you have to rktool or OTG or connect to PC  at the moment  ,

the only thing we need  is the box the sd-card and the uart PC connection ( like i said simple steps first )

vor 12 Minuten schrieb n3o:

what steps should I make to retrieve log files that want Jock? You have wrote that Jock isn't interested to "log file of trying direct flash armbian on sd card" ... but what log he want?

thats why the UART adapter , please the log file from output of the serial connection !!!!! like i said that is like a ssh connection ( you can interact also with box without HDMI) !!!!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb n3o:

. how does it work the procedure of short the pin?

the last picture is the memory -->  there we have to find the clock pin from datasheet but this complicate because all pins under Chip (BGA)  , but maybe we found some clue in the log of UART and dont need the MASKrom mode

@RaptorSDS ok, follow the log of uart with sd with multitool

Spoiler

x▒▒G▒▒▒ɧ▒▒▒8▒▒▒▒M▒師▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Jŕ▒▒▒▒}▒▒▒▒▒▒թ▒

U-Boot 2020.10-armbian+ (Mar 12 2021 - 13:38:05 +0000)

Model: Generic Rockchip rk322x TV Box board
DRAM:  1010 MiB
MMC:   dwmmc@30000000: 1, dwmmc@30020000: 0
Loading Environment from EXT4... Card did not respond to voltage select!
In:    serial@11030000
Out:   serial@11030000
Err:   serial@11030000
Net:   eth0: ethernet@30200000
starting USB...
Bus usb@30040000: USB DWC2
Bus usb@30080000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@300c0000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@30100000: USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus usb@30040000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@30080000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@300c0000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@30100000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
Scanning mmc 1:1...

Device 0: unknown device
Card did not respond to voltage select!
ethernet@30200000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT                                                                                                              !
Could not initialize PHY ethernet@30200000
missing environment variable: pxeuuid
missing environment variable: bootfile
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/01-96-01-0c-35-23-2d
ethernet@30200000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT                                                                                                              !
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00000000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0000000
ethernet@30200000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/000000
ethernet@30200000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete......... TIMEOUT !
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm-rk322x-rk322x-box
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm-rk322x
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default
Config file not found
=>

It looks like u-boot is not able to detect the sdcard, the first part is missing because the bootloader uart speed is 1.5mbps and then u-boot switches to 115200kbps, but that's it, u-boot does not see the sdcard.

The reason is unknown, and resides into the board internal wiring and it is not possible to debug that without the board at hand.

It is still possible to boot from USB stick (with the multitool sdcard inserted): burn the multitool on as USB stick and put the legacy image there and the multitool on sdcard will do a trampoline to the multitool on USB stick.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Juan Pautasso:

Ok, thanks for the help!

Now i already plug in the power cord and now multitool appear but i don't know what to do.

This is what it show, has been 3 hours and it still in 11%. I tried to use a mouse or a keyboard but it do nothing.

I had to ask my wife if I should answer in sarcastic, honest  and friendly or funny , she said be friendly , but I can not resist a little joke to start the day .

/joke on , Yes when you wait 28h 73m and 98s you will have a box that do all automatic and have the power of a i9 13990KH /joke off

friendly: you know what you are doing here, that will still be at 11% because that is the part of text that is display, and this page it like every other software the licenses page.
you know that you are in a DOS box like Linux console, you have to use keyboard like in good old times and scroll down with arrow keys and hit TAB to witch cursor location and hit SPACE or ENTER

If the keyboard does not work, please try another one and leave it plugged in right from the start of the box (there are still keyboards that do not work well under linux even though there is a basic driver for generic keyboards).

I don't know if flashing TV boxes is for you if you already have problems with a license text, I understand that you have already flashed the SD card correctly, but this is not windows 11 which automates everything and gets you through the setup agent with mouse and keyboard.

Please have in mind following :

We think that people should understand that this is all at their own risk and that they need to understand something about what they are about to do like uart adapter or working with ssh or console.

Edited by RaptorSDS

@RaptorSDS

I think that you said It in the best possible way.

A so huge 3ad Is boring, i understand that is easier to drop in here and simply ASK !!

But a community Is not working this way, also because in 69 Pages Is already contemplate every single info for error debugging, and even more !

And even if box still not working Is clearly explained what TRY TO INVESTIGATE

Thanks you so much raptorsds for helping

@RaptorSDS @jock

I'm trying to reflash multitool with balenaetcher but after verification a message tell me that it's failed. I have the suspect that same thing happened with rufus

It's possible flash multitool on windows 10 x64 and verify that all goes ok ?

moreover from easeus partition master seems that the partition scheme after balenaetcher format it's different from the partition scheme with rufus

partition-scheme.png

what tool should use? Flashing with rufus and balena etcher the partition are accessible from windows, while with Winflashtool not ... I'm very confused

vor 8 Minuten schrieb n3o:

balenaetcher

I have good experience with Etcher and win32 disk imager .

But during the Windows June update some things went wrong in windows , etcher terminated many SD-card with errors and all drives that had bootsectoren were kept by windows as ghost drives (light gray) although they were no longer there .
after Juli Update all is good again .

please try first to flash a USB stick with Multitool.

After that please delete the SD-Card, rewrite the MBR (Minitool Partionion Wizard can rebuild MBR) and then write a drive with FAT32.

then try again wit win32 disk imager or etcher

maybe your sd-card diying slowly  try else another sd-card

7 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

I have good experience with Etcher and win32 disk imager .

But during the Windows June update some things went wrong in windows , etcher terminated many SD-card with errors and all drives that had bootsectoren were kept by windows as ghost drives (light gray) although they were no longer there .
after Juli Update all is good again .

please try first to flash a USB stick with Multitool.

After that please delete the SD-Card, rewrite the MBR (Minitool Partionion Wizard can rebuild MBR) and then write a drive with FAT32.

then try again wit win32 disk imager or etcher

maybe your sd-card diying slowly  try else another sd-card

I have flashed multitool.img (I have extracted it from multitool.img.xz with winrar)  with win32diskimager as made here (before make this I have erased partition from control panel -> windows management.

Now I have the following scenario from "This pc"

microsd.png

Is it correct? And if I make sd card boot how install the image if multitool partition is so small?

edit: "disponibili" mean "available"

Edited by n3o

ok, after flash multitool on sd and multitool on usb drive (in the usb drive I have made also a partition in FAT32 to keep image of armbian 22.11), I'll get the following log

Spoiler

'▒▒▒▒t▒▒▒յ▒
           ▒▒▒%͑凩▒▒)ѩ▒▒▒▒▒+>,▒▒>▒ᵵ>▒▒▒▒b▒▒▒

U-Boot 2022.04-armbian (Mar 05 2023 - 18:36:47 +0000)

DRAM:  1010 MiB
Core:  98 devices, 19 uclasses, devicetree: separate
MMC:   dwmmc@30000000: 1, dwmmc@30020000: 0
Loading Environment from EXT4... Card did not respond to voltage select! : -110
In:    serial@11030000
Out:   serial@11030000
Err:   serial@11030000
Net:   eth0: ethernet@30200000
starting USB...
Bus usb@30040000: USB DWC2
Bus usb@30080000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@300c0000: USB EHCI 1.00
Bus usb@30100000: USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus usb@30040000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@30080000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@300c0000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@30100000 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
Scanning mmc 1:2...
libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
Scanning disk dwmmc@30000000.blk...
Card did not respond to voltage select! : -110
Scanning disk dwmmc@30020000.blk...
Disk dwmmc@30020000.blk not ready
Scanning disk usb_mass_storage.lun0...
Found 9 disks
No EFI system partition
BootOrder not defined
EFI boot manager: Cannot load any image

Device 0: Vendor: SanDisk  Rev: 1.27 Prod: Cruzer Blade
            Type: Removable Hard Disk
            Capacity: 7485.5 MB = 7.3 GB (15330304 x 512)
... is now current device
Scanning usb 0:2...
BootOrder not defined
Card did not respond to voltage select! : -110
missing environment variable: pxeuuid
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/01-96-01-0c-35-23-2d
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00000000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0000000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/000000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/000
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/00
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/0
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm-rk322x-rk322x-box
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm-rk322x
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default-arm
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/default
Config file not found
=>

vor 1 Minute schrieb n3o:

in the usb drive I have made also a partition in FAT32 to keep image of armbian 22.11

please no , only flash multitool and put the compress image (like its from armbian server  tar.gz or something ) inside the folder on the multitool folder not a new partion !

vor 4 Minuten schrieb n3o:

Scanning disk usb_mass_storage.lun0...
Found 9 disks
No EFI system partition
BootOrder not defined

Device 0: Vendor: SanDisk  Rev: 1.27 Prod: Cruzer Blade
            Type: Removable Hard Disk
            Capacity: 7485.5 MB = 7.3 GB (15330304 x 512)
... is now current device
Scanning usb 0:2...
BootOrder not defined

its good to see that it found the USB drive !

1 hour ago, RaptorSDS said:

please no , only flash multitool and put the compress image (like its from armbian server  tar.gz or something ) inside the folder on the multitool folder not a new partion !

both the device give the same error: 

BootOrder not defined

however no problem to remove the last partition, but legacy image "Armbian_22.11.1_Rk322x-box_jammy_current_5.15.80_xfce_desktop.img.xz" is of 1.16 GB while multitool partition is of 377 MB.

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mptkQsPJVo multitool image is of 128 MB (against the 512 MB download here https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk322x/multitool/multitool.img.xz ) and the final partition is of 1.9 GB. Should I made a low level format to both sd and usb drive before flash multiboot? Actually I have simply deleted volume from windows management

vor 16 Stunden schrieb n3o:

owever no problem to remove the last partition, but legacy image "Armbian_22.11.1_Rk322x-box_jammy_current_5.15.80_xfce_desktop.img.xz" is of 1.16 GB while multitool partition is of 377 MB.

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mptkQsPJVo multitool image is of 128 MB (against the 512 MB download here https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk322x/multitool/multitool.img.xz ) and the final partition is of 1.9 GB. Should I made a low level format to both sd and usb drive before flash multiboot? Actually I have simply deleted volume from windows management

no low level format need , only a normal SD-card and usb stick ( both with normal MBR boot sector  ) 

if image is bigger than folder, than we need first a full boot of Multitool.

it will resize its own partion than we add the image file  .

its recognize the usb stick so sd-card should stop the nand bootloader --> than boot the usb stick --> than we can install jumpstart or flash armbian to nand

20 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

no low level format need , only a normal SD-card and usb stick ( both with normal MBR boot sector  ) 

if image is bigger than folder, than we need first a full boot of Multitool.

it will resize its own partion than we add the image file  .

its recognize the usb stick so sd-card should stop the nand bootloader --> than boot the usb stick --> than we can install jumpstart or flash armbian to nand

so finally I have runned multitool, I have flash image into ubuntu virtual machine to usb drive 8 GB (however boot from sd doesn't work, it's necessary boot from usb, maybe there are still issue also with vmdk for virtual machine)... now I'm making android nand backup even if android system don't load (there are sd card inserted and 2 usb drive) so I don't know where backup is saved. There isn't a way to copy and paste only dts/dtb files from multitool?

Now I'll use pendrive of 2GB fat32 to copy armbian images from ubuntu vm... hope to reach the goal in the current day

Just another doubt: after loading multitool and accepted the license detail, a message warning about proprietary bootloader is showed ... I don't remember the precise content, it's normal or I have some limitations?

Edited by n3o

vor 23 Minuten schrieb n3o:

so finally I have runned multitool, I have flash image into ubuntu virtual machine to usb drive 8 GB (however boot from sd doesn't work, it's necessary boot from usb, maybe there are still issue also with vmdk for virtual machine)... now I'm making android nand backup even if android system don't load (there are sd card inserted and 2 usb drive) so I don't know where backup is saved. There isn't a way to copy and paste only dts/dtb files from multitool?

Now I'll use pendrive of 2GB fat32 to copy armbian images from ubuntu vm... hope to reach the goal in the current day

Just another doubt: after loading multitool and accepted the license detail, a message warning about proprietary bootloader is showed ... I don't remember the precise content, it's normal or I have some limitations?

it good to hear that multitool now work , the backup will be in the same folder of usb-stick with multitool that are boot or SD-Card ,

the warning the a hint that the bootloader maybe not open ( like we saw already)

i thing we should try after backup the option legacy image and look if armbian is working , else we use "jumpstart" and flash armbian on SD-Card

can't find image on multitool partition. I have copy the 2 image files into sd card (where multitool has saved the backup and have made automatically the resize ) and have copied the 2 images also on usb stick (in this case I must have to resize manually the partition ) but message showed is that can't find image. Should I have to extract to images folder as .img files instead of .img.xz ?

p.s.: usb stick is necessary, without it multitool don't boot

vor 27 Minuten schrieb n3o:

an't find image on multitool partition. I have copy the 2 image files into sd card (where multitool has saved the backup and have made automatically the resize ) and have copied the 2 images also on usb stick (in this case I must have to resize manually the partition ) but message showed is that can't find image. Should I have to extract to images folder as .img files instead of .img.xz ?

p.s.: usb stick is necessary, without it multitool don't boot

compress image are allowed , do you have put the files into the folder ? else try uncompress image files

like jock said we use the USB-Stick as  step in the middle to boot SD_CARD

2 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

compress image are allowed , do you have put the files into the folder ? else try uncompress image files

like jock said we use the USB-Stick as  step in the middle to boot SD_CARD

ok, I have found the problem of the image files: I don't know for what reason Windows 10 has created a folder with noname, and created a file MULTITOOL.lnk. However after created manually a folder named "image" I have added image extracted "Armbian_22.11.1_Rk322x-box_jammy_current_5.15.80_xfce_desktop.img.xz". Multitool have found that image, so I have flashed that, I have removed sd and usb drive but nothing happen. It's very frustrating :(

ok, I have found the problem of the image files: I don't know for what reason Windows 10 has created a folder with noname, and created a file MULTITOOL.lnk. However after created manually a folder named "image" I have added image extracted "Armbian_22.11.1_Rk322x-box_jammy_current_5.15.80_xfce_desktop.img.xz". Multitool have found that image, so I have flashed that, I have removed sd and usb drive but nothing happen. It's very frustrating 

@n3o  Hey I certainly hope you backed up your existing image on the nand/emmc before you overwrote it.   And I believe @jock was very clear on the first page of this thread that armbian images should be tested out on a SDcard/USB drive before writing it to a unit's built in storage to make sure they actually boot...