Home Assistant on Ugoos AM3 s912

Tribal_

@Tribal_ Since TV boxes are not supported by Armbian, no one likely knows.  But if you can run the community aml-s9xx-box builds on your box, these extensions should work as well.  I run HA on other amlogic based TV boxes without issue.  Try it out and see how it goes and report back.

Moved these posts to a new thread in the TV Box forums as this is getting to be off topic for the original thread since TV boxes aren't supported in any official manner by Armbian.

So you mention the ophub builds.  Just so you know those builds are not Armbian builds.  They are a fork of Armbian and use the Armbian name without permission.  They do not participate in Armbian development nor do they participate in these forums.  So any ophub questions need to be directed to them, not here.

So you say the armbian community build doesn't work, but you provide no information on what is failing.  I'm not a mind reader so I can't help you if all you tell us is that it doesn't run.

Posted (edited)
59 минут назад, SteeMan сказал:

but you provide no information on what is failing

Nothing happens at all, u-boot not loading instead default recovery starts...

i'm using "Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.93_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.6.18_minimal.img.xz"

and do everything according to this guide

but u-boot won't starts

Edited by Tribal_

What dtb are you using? what uboot are you using? what menthod to invoke multiboot are you using?  Have you used any other build on this box?  In order to help you, you need to provide every detail of what you have done.  You originally posted this in the HA thread.  So I was assuming that you at least had basic armbian running and you were trying to install HA on top.

18 часов назад, SteeMan сказал:

So I was assuming that you at least had basic armbian running and you were trying to install HA on top.

No, your image didn't launch, so I started looking for alternative images

18 часов назад, SteeMan сказал:

What dtb are you using?

I used different ones that in theory should match: meson-gxm-xxx

19 часов назад, SteeMan сказал:

what uboot are you using?

u-boot-s905x-s912 - copy and rename this to u-boot.ext in same dir

what menthod to invoke multiboot are you using?

by holding reset button while boot

Have you used any other build on this box?

https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases/download/Armbian_bookworm_save_2024.02/Armbian_24.5.0_amlogic_s912_bookworm_6.1.78_server_2024.02.20.img.gz runing fine

I previously used the box as a retro console and this image https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases/download/v3.9/EmuELEC-Amlogic.arm-3.9-Generic.img.gz  worked fine

As far as I understand, Ophub use some other bootloader

So to proceed we would need to get Armbian running on your box, first before asking about HA.

Since you have run various other os's, the first note in the instructions is relevant.  You need to restore the box to a factory android firmware first before proceeding.  Each is will change the boot environment in potentially incompatible ways.  So you need to start from a known clean environment, by reinstalling a factory android firmware.

If you have restored the android firmware, then follow the instructions in the FAQ and report back what you have done and any issues you run into (screenshots of errors during boot if appropriate)

Wow, I understood what was the problem.... it was necessary to create a boot dir and put the u-boot.ext there, and not put it in the root dir... but now another question. What is the password for user root? 1234 does not match

I don't understand what you are doing.  You don't need to create any /boot directory.  Why do you think you needed to do that?

And the default password for root is 1234

label Armbian_community
  kernel /Image
  initrd /uInitrd
  fdtdir /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb

append root=UUID=212049b6-44a7-4741-9789-815d023561d0 rootflags=data=writeback console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 rw no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

I talked about it, I do not indicate this dtb, he takes from somewhere himself

Posted (edited)

Oh my God, it was obvious.
Everything is working! thank you!

Then let's go back to HA.
If I just write image from @Igor to a USB flash drive, then boot through the reset clip, I get into the standard recovery.

There is armbianEnv.txt should I also specify FDT there?
Should I place u-boot there too? Just according to @Igor, you just need to write the image to usb flash, insert it into the box and it should load HA without any settings

Edited by Tribal_

The info that Igor posted is for an extension to the build system that can be enabled to make an image with HA.  You would need to build a custom image using the build framework to utilize this method.