A95x3 F3 slim having issue at boot - Alert UUID=UUID-number-here does not exist, dropping to shell

I can't boot into the armbian. It hangs at "waiting for a root file system", and repeats the line many times. Then says "Give up waiting for root file system device. Then, " Alert UUID=UUID-number-here    does not exist, dropping to shell".

It is armbian 24.5 image and dtb file is /dtb/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dtb. I created the u-boot.ext from u-boot-s905x3 file. What I am missing? I tried to stop the autoboot, but it starts with 0 and doesn't even count. 

Here is the screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/9dYm2B9

Posted (edited)

I just tried different version, I think 23.8. It booted but it is flickering screen. I went thru setup with taking photos of flickering screen. Anyways to fix this. Would different dtb files fix the screen flickering?

Edited by TurK-FX

Ophub is a fork of Armbian.  They use the Armbian name without permission. They do not contribute to Armbian development nor do they participate in these forums.  You need to contact them for support of their software.  We can't help you here.

Posted (edited)

Thank you. Downloading official 23.8 bookworm and jammy builds. I didn't know there were different forks. I used whatever I found first in google. But I follow the guide and just realize it was your guide :).

Edited by TurK-FX

Do you know why the usb drive disappears in windows after flashing it with this official builds? I just flashed it, and cant see the drive in the windows. But if I install the unofficial drive, I can see and modify the files in windows. 

Now I installed it from official sources and inserted in a linux machine to modify the extlinux.conf file. But it say problem with the history. I am copying the file content from the previous file that was open in my notepad. Does the root=UUID=UUID-number-here   would be the same as the one from unofficial sources of the armbian? Or how can I find the actual UUID? 

Posted (edited)

Actually never mind the previous question. I had a typo in the file name. 

But now my question I only see the below files:

u-boot-s905x2-s922

u-boot-s905x-s912

u-boot-s905

I don't see anything for s905x3. Which one I should copy to u-boot.ext for s905x3?

Your tutorial says there should be 4 files, but I  got 3 files. I don't have the u-boot-s905x3 in there. 

I downloaded

Armbian_23.8.1_Aml-s9xx-box_jammy_current_6.1.50.img

and

Armbian_23.8.1_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.1.50.img

from the archived section of the link you sent me. 

Next you need to copy the correct uboot for your box.  This is needed for how these builds boot on amlogic boxes.  There are four different u-boot files located in the /boot directory:  u-boot-s905, u-boot-s905x-s912, u-boot-s905x2-s922, u-boot-s905x3

You need to copy (note copy not move) the u-boot file that matches your cpu to a new file named u-boot.ext in the /boot directory

So for example with a TX3 mini box that has an s905w cpu you would copy u-boot-s905x-s912 to u-boot.ext: cp u-boot-s905x-s912 u-boot.ext

Edited by TurK-FX

3 hours ago, TurK-FX said:

But now my question I only see the below files:

u-boot-s905x2-s922

u-boot-s905x-s912

u-boot-s905

I don't see anything for s905x3. Which one I should copy to u-boot.ext for s905x3?

Your tutorial says there should be 4 files, but I  got 3 files. I don't have the u-boot-s905x3 in there. 

I downloaded

Armbian_23.8.1_Aml-s9xx-box_jammy_current_6.1.50.img

and

Armbian_23.8.1_Aml-s9xx-box_bookworm_current_6.1.50.img

from the archived section of the link you sent me. 

Use the u-boot-s905x3 found in the current rolling releases.  Why are you trying to use an old archived release?

If you click the button on that page labeled: Community Maintained Builds?  (it is just above the selectors for all of the builds), then on the github page that link takes you to, click on Download Latest Image?

Or to save you the work you could use the link at the top of the FAQ instructions.

Or just go here: https://github.com/armbian/community/releases (latest build is 211, note they are listed in alpha order so the newest is not at the top)

I tried 6 dtb below. Should I try the other bananapi, odroid etc...? As far as I know sm1 is for s905x3 CPUs. Should I try different DTBs? I got A95X F3 slim. But the meson-sm1-a95xf3-air.dtb or meson-sm1-a95xf3-air-gbit.dtb didn't work. 

Tried
===============
meson-sm1-a95xf3-air.dtb         
meson-sm1-a95xf3-air-gbit.dtb    
meson-sm1-h96-max.dtb
meson-sm1-x96-air.dtb
meson-sm1-x96-air-gbit.dtb
meson-sm1-sei610.dtb

Not tried
===============
meson-sm1-bananapi-m2-pro.dtb    
meson-sm1-bananapi-m5.dtb
meson-sm1-khadas-vim3l-spinor.dtb
meson-sm1-odroid-c4.dtb
meson-sm1-odroid-c4-spidev.dtb
meson-sm1-odroid-hc4.dtb
meson-sm1-khadas-vim3l.dtb
meson-sm1-khadas-vim3l-spidev.dtb

You can try them all.  But it may be the case that none of them work.  I just did a search of the forum archives, no one has ever reported getting armbian working on your box.  You seemed to have some success with the ophub fork, so you could try using their dtb with armbian or just trying their builds.

I noticed this thread, I had the same issue. And found the solution here: Pine A64-LTS not booting and [RESOLVED] PineA64LTS doesn't want to boot.

Seems that in my dtb-file there was something missing what caused the root not being found or mounted??, the option: non-removable;

meson-sm1-a95xf3-air.dtb has it also missing on mmc@ffe05000 from what I think is your root, the option: non-removable;

Hope it helps :) 

It solved my UUID not found problem.