ARMBIAN INSTALLATION ON BOX X96 Max+ (2go ram 16go)

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I would like to know which recent version of ARMBIAN I can install on my X96 Max+ TV box (2GB ram and 16GB version). I've tried to install several recent 24.5 versions but it won't start.

Here is the link to the versions I tried to install(Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.250_Aml-s9xx-box) I simply renamed the file corresponding to my S905X3.............. box to u-boot.ext

https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/tag/24.5.0-trunk.250

The only version I managed to install is Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.

So I'd like to know which version is best suited to my box.

The CPU in the box is an Amlogic S905X3 only, I followed a procedure that made me use an S905X2 with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.

Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nETXagKHYGI

Is it possible to have your help if possible by telling me the procedure for a perfect installation.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Maka, 
Thanks for your help, I managed to install a version of Armbian that seems to work fine. Armbian_24.5.0_amlogic_s905x3_bullseye_5.15.152_server_2024.03.16.img.gz with the file dtb meson-sm1-x96-max-plus-2101.dtb.
The installation is on a sd card as I was unable to install from the USB key. If anyone can tell me how to install from the USB key, I'd love to hear from you.
I was able to install KLIPPER to control my printers as well as KLIPPERSCREEN via an old smartphone to have a control screen. And frankly, I'm very happy with it. 
Thanks again for responding to my request.

Usb booting should work the same as sd card. Maybe you are using the second usb while booting and tries to boot from it. You can try with the second usb empty and plugging after booting. 

Perhaps your dtb is not good enough and the kernel cannot find the file system.