armbian-install freezes OR crashes

Antimtr

Hey everyone. New to Armbian and Orange Pi, but no stranger to everything I ever try do do being a major hassle!

So here's the deal. Installed Armbian jammy 5.1 for orange pi plus. Working nicely. Except some of you might remember me from earlier today when I was struggling to get my ax210ngw working correctly (thanks by the way. Fixed that)!

So I follow the process to switch from SD card to my Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme. Bit of confusion getting it to show as an option in armbian-install, but I got it. Formatted in ext4 with a partition via gparted--now every time I try to run the install script, no matter which option I choose, it either freezes or crashes while transferring rootfs to /dev/nvme0n1 . So I thought why not try creating a smaller boot partition (as I've more than once had an issue modding consoles that this has fixed). So I create a 64gb partition. Great. Nvme0n1p1. Exact same problem. I've let it sit for 45 minutes twice now and didn't help. Tends to get hung up between 25 and 50% if that means anything. PLEASE HELP!

Also I've been selecting ext4 as the format but just chose btrfs and the same issue persisted. 

Edited by Antimtr

Posted (edited)

Sorry didn't see your response. 24.2.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop

It runs really smoothly as is so I'm considering just leaving it.

Edited by Antimtr