Help with Armbian on Mecool KM1 Deluxe

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum. I'm trying to boot armbian on a Mecool KM1 tv box. It's an armlogic S905X3 with 4GB ram,, 32Gb storage.
Cant find a viable uboot and dtb combination for it as the usb flashdrive or microSD card simply won't boot.

I can, however, run coreelec with no issues.

Does anybody had any success with this box?

Thanks

Hi!

Thanks for replying.
I didn't install coreelec actually.

I booted from usb flashdrive just for curiosity and it worked. This device was shelved because It was boot looping  into android recovery menu and I hadn't the time back then to reinstall stock firmware.
A few days ago I decided to try armbian again when I saw a post about coreelec working with this mecool model.
And, for my surprise, after i booted into coreelec, it booted into Android TV 10, the stock firmware again. Go figure....
So, the device is working with stock android again and now I'm trying to boot armbian to repurpose this old tvbox as a tiny server for light applications...

If you have ever run coreelec on the box, you will not be able to install Armbian.  The coreelec changes the boot environment on emmc in a way incompatible with Armbian.  You will need to reinstall an original android firmware which will restore the boot environment if you want to install Armbian.

I didn't say install, I said ran.  If you ever ran coreelec on. The box, which above you said you did from the SD card.  That changes the boot environment on the EMMC and makes it incompatible with Armbian.

Oh ok
Now i understand. Coreelec affects armbian but still runs stock android.

I'll try to reset the device to original stock firmware then.

So, do you know any working armbian image for this KM1 box? I'll try armbian as soon as I restore the device.

12 minutes ago, sambento said:

So, do you know any working armbian image for this KM1 box? I'll try armbian as soon as I restore the device.

No clue as I don't have that box.  Search the forums for information.

As far as build goes, you should be reading the FAQ posts:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/33676-installation-instructions-for-tv-boxes-with-amlogic-cpus