Banana Pi USB OTG

pspcoelho

Question

Hi,

I've read a previous topic about it but it was a bit inconclusive. My question is simple: can the OTG port be turned on on the legacy kernel? Is it just a matter of setting up the right bits in the script.bin/fex file? Or is it missing some other stuff?

Currently I can use that port on Bananian. Since this board only has 2 USB ports, it's nice to be able to use the OTG port to connect a keyboard, since the other 2 ports have HDDs connected.

Thanks and good work!!

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

Few months ago I made an utility for easy switching between otg and host mode and it should be part of the build:

sunxi-musb 
OTG / HOST changer for DTB v1.0

sunxi-musb filename.dtb otg | host

Usage example: sunxi-musb sun4i-a10-mini-xplus.dtb otg

If not, it's here.

I've now made this change (set 'otg' to 'host' and removed the pinctrl lines) to my lime2 dts so I can have the extra USB port available, and am doing it as part of my custom image build.

But given it's been a little while and a few kernel versions later, I was wondering whether there was any news on whether OTG mode works?

Hi Neomanic,

I've now made this change (set 'otg' to 'host' and removed the pinctrl lines) to my lime2 dts so I can have the extra USB port available, and am doing it as part of my custom image build.

But given it's been a little while and a few kernel versions later, I was wondering whether there was any news on whether OTG mode works?

I am using OTG in host mode for a long time and have other problem.

When my STM32-H405 board is connected as CDC device and communication (~160 kbps from H405 to Lime2) is started for a long periods of time (5-10 hours) without apparent reason device is disconnected but continue to be visible by 'lsusb' command. The only way to revert to working state is by rebooting the system.

A few months ago (earlier Kernel version) this problems have been happened much more frequently - after 1-2 hours. My investigation shown that some changes to musb driver have made the things better but did not solve the issue.

That is why I have decided to use USB Host ports for critical communications and USB OTG for optional once.

Best regards

Chris

Apparently host mode of the BananaPi OTG USB port is not stable, or it is not stable with kernel 4.8.4

I have run fine DVB-T usb key in that port for a long while, then after the update to 4.8.4, what happens is that the USB DVB-T is detected and initialized fine, but the key doesn't just work, no stream nor valid info are received. And if I disconnect it while the system is running, I get 100% of the time a kernel panic.

This happens with two different DVB-T keys