Kodi problem with MCE remote

Emil Gruia

Hello ! I've bought a Orange Pi 5 PRO board about 2 months ago .

I've tryed all images (Linux and Android) from the official Orange Pi site . Later I tryed Armbian .

In the end I've concluded that the best choice is Armbian 24.5.2 Noble Gnome ( Armbian_24.5.2_Orangepi5pro_noble_vendor_6.1.43_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img ).

Using Armbian 24.5.2 Noble Gnome I got the best (the smoothest) video playback, both in video players and online (youtube) content . And it' s very responsive in operation, generally .

I have one single issue : My MCE remote is not detected properly - the Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Forward, Rewind buttons did't perform any actions when I used Kodi video player . When I press any of these buttons I get a 🚫 (no entry) sign on the bottom of the screen .

Only the following buttons are performing correctly : Power, Ok, Left, Right, Up, Down, back, and numeric keys .

If I'm using other video players, like Celluloid, Vlc,Haruna, Smplayer, all the remote control's buttons performs as it should .

The remote control's model number is HP TSGH-2401 with RF USB dongle .

I tryed the remote and Kodi on different Linux images, even on Armbian_24.5.2_Orangepi5pro_noble_vendor_6.1.43_xfce-oibaf_desktop.img - it perform as it should, but all these Linux images have video playback issues (or maybe i'm too picky) . The problem with the remote control is present only on Armbian 24.5.2 Noble Gnome (which I preffered for it's video performance) .

I tryed to fix the problem using inputlirc package, but with limited success . I also tried "Keymap editor " add-on for Kodi, but with almost none positive results .

I attached 2 screenshoots with the the screen when I get a 🚫 (no entry) sign on the bottom of the screen .

Please help me with some suggestions .

Thank you in advance !

Screenshot01.png

Screenshot02.jpg

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors