Wifi setup

Go to solution Solved by c0rnelius,

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the wifi with the image:

Armbian 24.8.1 Bookworm Minimal / IOT

But there is no wlan0 on the ip a command. Can you please give me a hint on how to setup the wifi with the bananapi M4 zero? I have also tried the server image debian12 but found the same issue.

FYI I tried an image from the BPI M4 zero website:

20240819-Bananapi-Armbian_24.8.0-trunk_Bpi-m4zero_Debian12

And there is wlan0 so I successfully configured the wifi ( but there is no bananapi-config to copy the image to the emmc but that's another story... )

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eloy Bote Falcon

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

I'm honestly not sure about the specs. I only know they have a new REV out, as someone has already approached me about WiFi not working.

One way to tell would be looking at the WiFi module on the unit. If it isn't REALTEK, than its the new REV.

Attached was the chipset on their unit.

image.png

install in system:

sudo apt-get install network-manager

try this in terminal

nmcli device wifi list 
nmcli device wifi connect "$SSID" password "$PASSWORD"

I know it's not recommended by developers / @Igor connecting to wifi on Armbian FW ... but I did it like on standard Linux and it also works on FW from OrangePi suppliers 🙂

Edited by kris777

Thanks for the path c0rnelius!

Honestly I have never build armbian but I think that I can do it applying your patch with this 2 guides:

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_User-Configurations/#user-provided-patches

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/#what-do-i-need

If you dont' have any users with this new revision of M4 zero and need any help just ask me please!

Hey c0rnelius,

Can you please tell me where to put the patch? Searching the repository I see 3 similar file names:

build/patch/kernel/archive/sunxi-6.6/patches.armbian/arch-arm64-dts-allwinner-sun50i-h618-bananapi-m4-zero.patch
build/patch/kernel/archive/sunxi-6.7/patches.armbian/arm64-dts-allwinner-sun50i-h618-bananapi-m4-zero.patch
build/patch/kernel/archive/sunxi-6.9/patches.armbian/arch-arm64-dts-allwinner-sun50i-h618-bananapi-m4-zero.patch

It's a noob question sorry but I'm new to the project, sorry.