8 8
kris777

Orange Pi Zero Plus / H5 Chip

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Jota79 said:

Showing Temperature is missing in last two kernels:

root@zeus:/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0# uname -a
Linux zeus 4.14.13-sunxi64 #35 SMP Tue Jan 16 17:51:14 CET 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
root@zeus:/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq  C.St.

20:50:25:  816MHz  1.82  22%   3%   3%   4%  10%   0%  0/2
20:50:30:  816MHz  1.83  16%   3%   1%   6%   5%   0%  0/2

On my Zero Plus H5 its working:

 

ARMBIAN 5.37.180117 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.13-sunxi64

Linux opi-zeroplus 4.14.13-sunxi64 #35 SMP Tue Jan 16 17:51:14 CET 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

 

root@opi-zeroplus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

14:47:32:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.4°C  0/2
14:47:38:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.8°C  0/2
14:47:43:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.5°C  0/2
14:47:48:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.8°C  0/2

 

root@opi-zeroplus:~# ls -la /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Jan 14 08:17 /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp -> /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, guidol said:

On my Zero Plus H5 its working:

 

ARMBIAN 5.37.180117 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.13-sunxi64

Linux opi-zeroplus 4.14.13-sunxi64 #35 SMP Tue Jan 16 17:51:14 CET 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

 

root@opi-zeroplus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

14:47:32:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.4°C  0/2
14:47:38:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.8°C  0/2
14:47:43:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.5°C  0/2
14:47:48:  816MHz  0.00   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.8°C  0/2

 

root@opi-zeroplus:~# ls -la /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Jan 14 08:17 /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp -> /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
 

 

 

It is very strange.....

 

I have lost symbolyc link to /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp:

 

root@zeus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq  C.St.

20:47:06:  816MHz  0.33  14%   1%   5%   2%   3%   0%  0/2^C

root@zeus:~# ls -la /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp
ls: cannot access '/etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp': No such file or directory

 

I have to create it manually and voila! :

 

root@zeus:~# ln -s /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp /etc/armbianmonitor/datasources/soctemp
root@zeus:~# armbianmonitor -m                                                  Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

20:52:46:  816MHz  1.79  14%   1%   5%   2%   3%   0% 64.6°C  0/2
20:52:51:  816MHz  1.81  30%   5%   7%   4%  11%   1% 63.4°C  0/2^C
 

It is very strange....

 

Thank you guidol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jota79 said:

Guidol... Do you have any active cooling? Your temperatures are very low...

No - only passive inside a black cube Raspberry Zero Case - but my Opi Zero Plus is almost idle :)
You could see my "modified" black qube cas here:

 

but my case does stand on the side (heat can flow away and the room temperature is aroud 20 degree):
root@opi-zeroplus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

12:36:14:  816MHz  0.07   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.2°C  0/2
12:36:19:  816MHz  0.06   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.3°C  0/2
12:36:24:  816MHz  0.06   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 41.9°C  0/2
12:36:29:  816MHz  0.05   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.4°C  0/2
12:36:34:  816MHz  0.05   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.7°C  0/2

As attachment some temperatures - out of my NodeRed Dashboard - to compare :)

Temperatures.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/1/2018 at 10:38 AM, guidol said:

No - only passive inside a black cube Raspberry Zero Case - but my Opi Zero Plus is almost idle :)
You could see my "modified" black qube cas here:

 


but my case does stand on the side (heat can flow away and the room temperature is aroud 20 degree):
root@opi-zeroplus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

12:36:14:  816MHz  0.07   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.2°C  0/2
12:36:19:  816MHz  0.06   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.3°C  0/2
12:36:24:  816MHz  0.06   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 41.9°C  0/2
12:36:29:  816MHz  0.05   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 43.4°C  0/2
12:36:34:  816MHz  0.05   0%   0%   0%   0%   0%   0% 42.7°C  0/2

As attachment some temperatures - out of my NodeRed Dashboard - to compare :)

Temperatures.jpg

 

uooohhhh!!!!!   What a tiny "big" CPD!!!!!  ;-) Thank you very much, guidol. It is a very good reference for me.  Now, I have moved my orange pi zero plus H5 to a very  open-space ( it was inside a very closed furniture before.... ). I have moved it behind my plasma TV ;-).  And now, almost idle, temperature is in normal values ( with 21C room temperature ):

 

root@zeus:~# armbianmonitor -m
Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c]
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.

22:02:28:  816MHz  0.36  10%   1%   1%   3%   3%   0% 47.2°C  0/2
22:02:33:  816MHz  0.33   4%   1%   2%   0%   0%   0% 44.4°C  0/2
22:02:38:  816MHz  0.31   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 45.0°C  0/2
22:02:43:  816MHz  0.28   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 42.2°C  0/2
22:02:49:  816MHz  0.34   2%   0%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.3°C  0/2
22:02:54:  816MHz  0.31   3%   1%   2%   0%   0%   0% 45.3°C  0/2
22:02:59:  816MHz  0.29   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 46.2°C  0/2
22:03:04:  816MHz  0.34   2%   0%   1%   0%   0%   0% 43.0°C  0/2
22:03:09:  816MHz  0.32   6%   1%   5%   0%   0%   0% 47.2°C  0/2
22:03:14:  816MHz  0.29   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.5°C  0/2
22:03:19:  816MHz  0.27   3%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 43.9°C  0/2
22:03:24:  816MHz  0.25   3%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 45.4°C  0/2
22:03:29:  816MHz  0.23   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.9°C  0/2
22:03:34:  816MHz  0.21   5%   1%   3%   0%   0%   0% 45.4°C  0/2
Time        CPU    load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq   CPU  C.St.
22:03:39:  816MHz  0.19   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.2°C  0/2
22:03:44:  816MHz  0.17   2%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.6°C  0/2
22:03:50:  816MHz  0.16   3%   1%   1%   0%   0%   0% 44.3°C  0/2
 

I use my OP Zero for NAS Server ( samba/nfs ) and for p2p downloads with mldonkey.

 

You can see my brico-project with an old celeron heatsink ( I am very worried with temperatures, perhaps I am a little friki... ):

 

IMG-20171130-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20171130-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20171130-WA0015.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another time poor network throughput with last kernel ( 5.37.180117 - 4.14.18-sunxi64 ). Is it possible to select another kernel ?

 

At last It was an issue in my PC, at samba client side.  My PC connects to 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz one

 

Thanks in advance

Edited by Jota79
It was my fault, not kernel issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, Jota79 said:

Another time poor network throughput with last kernel ( 5.37.180117 - 4.14.18-sunxi64 ). Is it possible to select another kernel ?

 

Thanks in advance

 It is probabily for my weak charger/psu. I only need 0.5a but my weak charger/psu only get 4.88v at 0.45a. With an estimated vdroop of 0.2-0.3 with my usb cable ( 1 meter, not AWG20... ) my orange pi probabily get 4.6v. I am not very sure, I am going testing that some days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, Jota79 said:

 It is probabily for my weak charger/psu. I only need 0.5a but my weak charger/psu only get 4.88v at 0.45a. With an estimated vdroop of 0.2-0.3 with my usb cable ( 1 meter, not AWG20... ) my orange pi probabily get 4.6v. I am not very sure, I am going testing that some days.

At last the guilty was not my weak charger/psu, the issue was at client side. My PC, my samba client, connects to 2.4Ghz wifi sometimes and connects to 5Ghz wifi anothertimes. 2.4Ghz -> poor network throughput, 5Ghz -> good network throughput.
It was not a kernel problem, nor power/hardware issue. It is my fault, sorry for confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8