Orange Pi Zero + wifi + ov534

mikeymike

Hello, I'm trying to get an "Orange Pi Zero" running with Wifi and OV534 (Sony PS3 Webcam). I can't get both running at once.

My attempts so far:

• Armbian_5.30_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113: Wifi ok, no ov534
  • Armbian_5.30_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_dev_4.11.3: No Wifi, ov534 ok
  • Armbian_5.32.170912_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_dev_4.11.12: No Wifi, ov534 ok

I've read about XR819 on github posts (to use under 4.11), but I couldn't load it, there are three module files for this module: fw_xr819, boot_xr819 and sdd_xr819, but none of these is loading successfully: modprobe: FATAL: Module xr819 not found in directory /lib/modules/4.11.3-sun8i

Is there a way to get both running together, Wifi and ov534?

Thank you for your appreciated answer

Michael

Thank you very much, @raschid ... that image is perfect, I can work with wlan0 and also with /dev/vide0!! However, an "apt dist-upgrade" destroyed the wlan0 after reboot. For being an octoprint controller only for the LAN, protected by a sophisticated firewall and only online when printing, I think that is a risk I can take (not to be upgradable). And the speed is also fine.

And of course, I have to cool it properly, the one chip heats up to over 65°C while idling, that's a bit hot, but I've seen other threads discussing that. Heatsinks and fans are on the way to my house. :)
I'm so glad, thank you again.

Is it planned for the near future to support WLAN with that kernel? What's the latest?

Time for some Orange Juice ... (is that what "Orangers" say to each other? ;-) )
Michael

Ok, great, @raschid, thanks, you helped me a lot with the "freeze kernel" option, I've started with a pre-injected connection in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, then first login via wlan0 connection and then issued apt update and apt upgrade and it works very nice: a reboot comes up again with a working wlan0.

And yes, it's a V1.4. I assume the 4 in 1.4 means that I have to use 4 fans in order to keep it in thermal shape. :rolleyes: