Is there any normally working media player

I just installed Armbian 5.30 Desktop to my Orange PI Plus 2E

I want to use for video playback, but built in MPV player. MKV videos quality is good, but the player has very poor functionality. And it plays Xvid Encoded AVI files totally mess way with lots of artifacts, sometimes with colored stripes instead of video stream.

I also tried SMPlayer and VLC, but they play some MKV files with green artifacts and AVIs are totally mess.

I tried different settings for VLC but have not reached success with the settings.

So what video player is universal and good for Armbian ro what settings should I set to get good video quality?

19 hours ago, Сергей Кравченко said:

So what video player is universal and good for Armbian ro what settings should I set to get good video quality?

SMPlayer, if you want "functionality" (more GUI stuff, i guess). But point it to use build in mpv and set it up for vdpau acceleration (plus some other minor tweaks). Although, mpv player, compiled with GUI support, is basically sufficient, but i don't know how is it in latest Armbian.

Mpeg4 bug is old, there is no mpeg4 support in non nVidia vdpau, as far as i know (but there is in cedarx, if i compare with OpenElec), so when players try to hw accelerate mpeg4 file, there is this colored carpet and/or green artifacts. In mplayer it's possible to solve the problem by adding possibility to use sw decoding for mpeg4 in command line (as there is no hw mpeg4 anyway). Also it's disabled by default in SMPlayer, in vdpau configuration, no matter if mpv, or mplayer is used, but this is kind of buggy and some files are still not playable. Sometimes recompiling mpv and ffmpeg with specific options solve the issue, but sometimes don't (i haven't find the receipt yet). The goal is to exclude mpeg4 from vdpau options in ffmpeg, but i can't remember what was the specific file to touch before compilation. And i haven't deal with this stuff from some time.