Unplugged nanopi-m2 reboots only with the reset button

lrou

Hello, 

I've faced some issue with rebooting nanopi-m2 (debian jessie) after unplugging or power off sbc. If it's powered on again, I can see only that the blue led constantly lights, and that's it. In this case, it can be booted only by pressing reset button on the board. Is it okay for nanopi,  or am I doing something wrong? 

NanoPi-M2 as a AXP288 PMIC (Power Management), and the PWR switch is attached to it, so it is normal behaviour. I presume that "reboot" command won't do any power shutdown and nanopi will reboot correctly, but I didn't verify ...

7 hours ago, martinayotte said:

NanoPi-M2 as a AXP288 PMIC (Power Management), and the PWR switch is attached to it, so it is normal behaviour. I presume that "reboot" command won't do any power shutdown and nanopi will reboot correctly, but I didn't verify ...

Thank you for your answer. What's about others *Pi? Is there any sbc that I can reboot by unplugging and plugging power cable back (without help of the reset button)?

Many other Pis will boot directly without pushing any buttons, simply because many of them don't have any PMIC.

But, be careful : unplugging Pi boards without doing a "halt" command and waiting the "shutdown reached" is a bad practice, filesystem could become corrupted, as if you were doing the same with a PC running Windows and unplugging the AC without proper shutdown ...

29 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Many other Pis will boot directly without pushing any buttons, simply because many of them don't have any PMIC.

Oh, I'll be looking for that one. 

29 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

But, be careful : unplugging Pi boards without doing a "halt" command and waiting the "shutdown reached" is a bad practice, filesystem could become corrupted, as if you were doing the same with a PC running Windows and unplugging the AC without proper shutdown ...

I know that, it's acceptable in my case. Thanks again.