Images for Orange Pi Plus A31s / Banana Pi M2 missing /boot/script.bin target

dns2utf8

Hi all

I am currently working on my Orange Pi Plus A31s. What I did with your image so far:

The image Link for Debian Jessy pointed me to the Banana Pi M2 image.

Downloaded it, dd-ed it to the sdcard, powerup, the red led keeps flashing for ever (waited 15 minutes)

So i started to wander around the sdcard and noticed the link /boot/script.bin pointing io /boot/bin/bananapim2.bin.

But this file was not present.

I tried all 3 images, but i was unable to find that file.

I copied it over from other project, that did not work.

And I copied it from the same folder /boot/bin/orangepi.bin -> /boot/bin/bananapim2.bin with the same result.

Can you help me with this?

Regards dns2utf8

Hi all

Now I understand the /boot/boot.cmd script. :P

I changed it to the following, but it does the same:

# if you want to boot jessie with systemd: setenv bootargs init=/bin/systemd console=tty1 ...
# remember to disable ramlog prior switching to systemd
setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=1"
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Boot loader script to boot with different boot methods for old and new kernel
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# sunxi mainline kernel
ext4load mmc 0 0x49000000 /boot/dtb/sun6i-a31s-bananapi-m2.dtb || fatload mmc 0 0x49000000 /dtb/sun6i-a31s-bananapi-m2.dtb
ext4load mmc 0 0x46000000 /boot/zImage || fatload mmc 0 0x46000000 zImage
env set fdt_high ffffffff
bootz 0x46000000 - 0x4900000

This is the only image so far - M2 and this Orange share the same one. They are based on mainline kernel since legacy kernel is in very bad shape. Mainline kernel uses *.dtb and not script.bin files for hardware configuration. What you are looking for does not exists, not for this board.

I tested the images and they are 100% working - there are also few people that reported that they are using in. You should be able to login in about one minute but than it will restart once and you will need to login and you will be forced to change default root / 1234 credentials.

Check / exchange SD card. Make sure you set switch to boot from SD instead of NAND. You probably have Android on NAND as I do.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed that the CPU logo pops up when i boot the opi+ without a SD and the switch to NAND.

Do you power the opi+ with the USB OTG or directly? Mine keeps blinking the red LED.

Regards dns2utf8

I always power it via power cable - it's the best way. If you see Allwinner logo than you got Android installed on NAND. Try boot it. If that one is not working, than something must be wrong with the board.