Strange behaviour after installing linux on emmc.

rafaelSorel

12 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

What is the recommended way to flash the emmc uboot ? is it like so:

The installation of u-boot that depends on how it's done in u-boot (source code). For example, for models Khadas VIM u-boot has a special team (sdc_update bootloader u-boot.bin), which I will install u-boot in eMMC\SPI. I don't know which team has your u-boot.

33 minutes ago, rafaelSorel said:

Is there a way to check the team of the u-boot installed ?

To study the output of the command "help" and explore the options of the received command with the "-help". Either contact the manufacturer requesting information.

@balbes150: I have checked the u-boot help command line and I could see the sdc_update command. So basically it is possible to update the bootloader from u-boot command line.

My question is :

What is the best way to flash a new u-boot on emmc  (sdc_update from u-boot console or running dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader from running linux on SD card) ?

The second thing is since I want to update the boot screen logo, I managed to extract the bootup.bmp from logo.img partition using this script https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack

then I have repacked a new logo.img with the changed bootup.img file using the same script. 

so is it possible to update the logo.img using this command: "dd if=logo.img of=/dev/logo bs=32M" ?

Thanks,

5 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

The second thing is since I want to update the boot screen logo, I managed to extract the bootup.bmp from logo.img partition using this script https://github.com/steeve/aml-imgpack

then I have repacked a new logo.img with the changed bootup.img file using the same script. 

so is it possible to update the logo.img using this command: "dd if=logo.img of=/dev/logo bs=32M" ?

[Update] I manage to change the bootup logo successfully, basically we need to unpack the logo.img and change the bootup.bmp with the wanted one, the format needs to be (16bit RGB565 BMP)

16 hours ago, rafaelSorel said:

What is the best way to flash a new u-boot on emmc  (sdc_update from u-boot console or running dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader from running linux on SD card) ?

It is better to use staff team sdc_update. It is better to know the features of the installation of the new u-boot (data entry, calculation of checksums, etc.).