When Kernel starts Display goes away

Mikec

I wanted to try 3.4 to see if I could build FFmpeg with the legacy Kernel.  When I run any of the three (Trusty, Jessie, Wheezy) as soon as the script says starting Kernel, I get a few blue and green noise lines on the screen and then the screen disappears.  I can use SSH and.the system is booting up and running.  The one thing that I noticed is that when I log on, the name of the machine is LIME instead of MICRO.  I'm running an Olimex Olinuxino Micro.  Is there a config file that I need to tweek, or is the Kernel setup for a LIME?

thanks

MikeC

Did I make a mistake and download the wrong files....  When I open the xorg.conf file I find this 

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Allwinner A10/A13 FBDEV"
        Driver          "fbturbo"
        Option          "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

Option          "SwapbuffersWait" "true"
EndSection

when I log on from SSH I get the LIME stencil instead of the MICRO stencil...  I am running a Olimex Olinuxino Micro not the Lime

When I run any of the three (Trusty, Jessie, Wheezy) as soon as the script says starting Kernel, I get a few blue and green noise lines on the screen and then the screen disappears.

That's normal.

The only diff between micro and lime is a config. Check where your /boot/script.bin points to ... if it's not pointing to proper one, change.

So you get nothing on the screen but you can login via SSH?

Yes it is a newer ASuS, and it is running at 1920X1080P60 is that too high for the 3.4?  There are a couple of lines in dmesg that says that it can't match up the frequency with a mode.  it there a way to mount the monitor after the system boots?

Later Uboot auto detect monitor via EDID but if you got those green lines, that's ok ... as long as it's not UHD monitor 1440p-2160p .. In that case no picture is a normal (bug) behavior.

Yes, try to boot without and attach it later ... next check if your script.bin, section for video output is having correct numbers. Correct = HDMI, not correct anything else.

http://linux-sunxi.org/Display

script.bin/fex file