Orange PI Zero Network issues

Peter G. Marczis

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for every contributor, this is a great project, I'm an absolute fan!

I'm running Armbian on an orange pi 2, everything works fine for a while. I'm running a homegrown python script with flask, this one works too.

But after ~1-x hours, I can't connect anymore to my web service. This could be my problem, but in fact, neither SSH works.

So I found these things, my script tells me this:

----------------------------------------
Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.0.158', 59734)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 290, in _handle_request_noblock
    self.process_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 318, in process_request
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 331, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 654, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 713, in finish
    self.wfile.close()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 283, in close
    self.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 307, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
----------------------------------------

I did some wiresharking too for sure :) Looks like something is messed up, and TCP ends up with an RST.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18GP8YvmaicyVGPHWYLzTulhkI0bPQTxy/view?usp=sharing

and my pcaps:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tJP1I71d7zCUFxzh3Ce75SpwrP3JBXsa/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZIM74rI1T7qTOJ0q5Bmvk1sDUXdgaQeU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for everyone !

And a couple of extra things, I haven't found anything interesting or related in the logs,

and I do have connection from the HW side, so I'm connected via a serial port, and I can ping google and so on.

so looks like I have an issue only with the inbound connections, based on my limited understanding,

my PC sends an RST in both cases, in the first case it looks like I get a re transmission of an already acked package...

but why?

I have the same issue here.

After some hours I can't access the OPi Zero via any connection (eth / wifi).

I tried via Serial and I can ping google.com without problems.

When i restart my network "sudo ip link set eth0 down && sudo ip link set eth0 up" all is running fine again.

You both forgot to provide the most important info: Which kernel/system version do you use? We have a utility which helps to debug. Do update and run

armbianmonitor -u 

11 minutes ago, Stefan Anderson said:

When I run armbianmonitor -u it wont give me any URL.

Even after you run apt update && apt upgrade ? (you need a working network connection)

Hello all !

I have a similar issue here, with an OPiZ running Armbian_5.35_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.16. The OPiZ is sitting aside, connected via wifi to my domoticz box and is sending data to the box every 5 minutes. After a while, I cannot connect to the OPiZ from any other machine than the domoticz box. I noticed when this happens, the OPiZ does not respond to the ARP broadcast message, thus the calling machine never gets its MAC addr in the arp list. If I manually add the MAC address to the arp table of the third party machine, I can connect again to the OPiZ. I have not found any related message in the logs.

I don't know yet if it's related or not, but after connecting that way, I noticed the wifi card is in the mode DORMANT :

root@orangepizero:~# ip link
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 02:42:cd:b3:65:af brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 12:42:cd:b3:65:af brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Food for thought only so far, I'll continue to investigate the issue

Hi all,

I have the same issue on Ethernet connection.

After about 3 hours in idle, I can’t connect with OPI PC via SSH or HTTP

But I found that after ping OPI several times, it is possible to connect via SSH only from device from which I ping before.