How to auto mount NAS after boot?

Nimbus78

I am running a Plex Media Server on a headless Orange Pi PC Plus with Armbian Ubuntu server.

So far I’ve been able to configure fstab on the server to mount the NAS at boot. That seems to work fine.

However, the problem I have is when I have a power failure and everthing reboots at the same time, the server boots before my NAS. I then have to ssh in and run “sudo mount -a”.

Is there a way to have the server detect and mount the NAS whenever it’s available to the network?

2 hours ago, Nimbus78 said:

I am running a Plex Media Server on a headless Orange Pi PC Plus with Armbian Ubuntu server.

So far I’ve been able to configure fstab on the server to mount the NAS at boot. That seems to work fine.

However, the problem I have is when I have a power failure and everthing reboots at the same time, the server boots before my NAS. I then have to ssh in and run “sudo mount -a”.

Is there a way to have the server detect and mount the NAS whenever it’s available to the network?

you could try to create a script which does check the mounts and create a auto-mount in cron every minute if isnt mounted.
take a look here for commands:

https://serverfault.com/questions/50585/whats-the-best-way-to-check-if-a-volume-is-mounted-in-a-bash-script