Odroid XU4 purple line at left side of display

mrroland

Hi Guys, 

I tested both the odroid official and armbian images for the XU4. Both run well, but I prefer the armbian image. 

I have attached my 800x480 hdmi display, it works, but there's a purple line at the left side of the display. 

( I think it's one pixel wide) 

This is not the case with the odroid official image, so I guess it's a configuration issue. I took a look at the boot. ini file, but I don't see anything that rings a bell. 

Can somebody point me to the right direction? 

Another possibility is that you use the accelerated display driver, as the official image does (though ours is a little different).  You can do it by running the script from this thread: 

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. 

First solution didn't work for me. 

When I wanted to try the second one I discovered that the armbian  image from the download section uses a 3.x kernel, so I can't run the script for the accelerated drivers. 

I tried to install a desktop environment to the nightly build with 4.x kernel, but I couldn't get it to work... 

But I think it's a kernel issue because the purple line is visible as soon as the boot sequence starts. This won't happen with the official odroid image. 

I guess I should stick to the official image for now and compile the kernel modules I'm missing for that version.