I2C Frequency

Aaron.energy

I was wondering if anyone could help with the following issue,

We are working on a project utilized with an Orange Pi Lite, ALLWINNER H3 processor and Armbian stretch mainline kernel,

Now we are bundled a chip over GPIO, due to the chip frequency we looking for a library or setting file to modify and match I2C frequency with the chip,

BR,

3 hours ago, Aaron.energy said:

it's possible to establish changes in a working armbian.

Yes ! you simply need to decompile device-tree DTBO into DTS source using "dtc" compiler, edit the DTS by adding "clock-frequency = <100000>;" in the i2c node, and then re-compile it into DTBO (after having take care of doing a backup of original DTBO).

Tnx martin,
I found the the proper dtb file in /boot/dtb directory. According to my board version it was sun8i-h3-orangepi-lite.dtb which I recompiled it and successfully its i2c frequency changed.cd /boot/dtb
Following I insert my instructions maybe it can help some other people. :)
dtc -I dtb -O dts sun8i-h3-orangepi-lite.dtb -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-lite.dts
#modifiy dts file and set clock-frequency=0x009c40 in node i2c@01c2ac00
dtc -I dts -O dtb sun8i-h3-orangepi-lite.dts -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-lite.dtb
sudo reboot

i found a more recent dtc compiler which might be shipped in a 'future' release of debian (it isn't in nightly) that has the dynamic overlay and symbol substitution features

it is actually a more recent version of dtc bundled with the linux kernel. Some how that recent version didn't get bundled with the recent kernels which uses those features