Tethering on Orange pi pc

premo

Somehow I manage to get online on this system . Updated a few files .Wow it is getting interesting . I think this network manager inbuild is pathetic . The system only reads from the terminal.

Anyway android is the only way to get net into this system.Well of course I have to figure out a bit , stay up some nights. I have myself why keyboard gave wrong keys. it is very usable now except that it needs some gpu acceleration, and more of a GUI presentaion.My HD display needs some good video rendering .Anyone, tell me how to copy paste in terminal, also I kept my screen at 1080p , I think it is not appropiate.Text in terminal are so small.

OK for tethering consider this page.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android_USB_Tethering

I has an excellent guide.

Please stop using Armbian or at least write wrong 'articles' here and there. If you're writing about 'network manager' then you're still using an old build based on Ubuntu trusty?

The most recent image is based on Debian Jessie and enables all the stuff you tell others that would miss (GPU and video acceleration). You should also consider that the whole "Armbian for Orange Pi" approach is still work in progress and images for end users are considered test versions. We had to learn that we now have partially a whole new user base that seems to lack reading skills.

If you click on any of the download links eg http://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-pc/  then there is a link to the relevant forum thread where you can get an idea what 'work in progress' might mean, there is also a link to a special FAQ we maintain for you Orange Pi users (with an extra verbose changelog!) and on the top a link to our normal user documentation 'Getting Started --> Basics'.

But fortunately you already found the solution to all your problems: "android is  the only way". Have fun with it... or start to read and understand, use Armbian 5.05 (desktop version -- you get GUI acceleration currently only with this) or just wait until we release a version that is labeled as "stable for end users" (no release data available). Thank you a lot!

I have armbian jessy desktop, there it is saying WICD NETWORK MANAGER. Is this an old Ubuntu ? I called it pathetic coz it was not responding to whatever tweaks I did to wifi adapter, my phone to connect to an internet. It even showed that I have no connection when Im actually downloading online.,There is this wifi radar gui, even it is not detecting anything .Take one more example of this REMOVABLE DRIVES AND MEDIA GUI, it is so dead. So ,if one has to use this armbian, One has to use the TERMINAL which lacks GUI.I have trouble playing a video 640x342 with the inbuilt mv player.I haven't tried the other players tricks. I also know that this is just in developing stage, so bugs are bound to exist. But at this early stage, its is so awfull.Not that I criticise this development. I KNOW there is a lot of hard working by countless no of people. But all my views pertain to this buggy rom and not armbian itself.If possible plz add the bugs list in this release especially for orange pi pc.Had I known the bugs I must have never tried it.