Disable console @ ttyS3

deveric

I just recently bought a sim5320a GSM/GPS cape for my Tinkerboard S and it requires the use of ttyS3; however, by default Armbian uses this port for console... so I'm unable to use it w/ the cape.  What do I need to do to disable the console on this port to free it up?

EDIT:  Nvm... after reading more, this isn't my issue (although I did find the answer above, which is to edit the /boot/armbianEnv.txt file).  It's (the GSM cape) connected to the GPIO, and I need to enable the UART serial on here.  Posted below is the product I'm using, and the last picture shows the GPIO PIN mappings that it uses.

https://vietnamese.alibaba.com/product-detail/sim5320a-5-9v-2a-3g-gsm-gprs-gps-expansion-board-wcdma-hsdpa-for-raspberry-pi-60634340686.html#!

Also, FWIW... you can connect this device via USB also, which I've been able to communicate with that route; however, I've been unsuccessful in getting it to work when connected to the GPIO.  It powers up, etc.  Just can't get the communication to work.  I'm sure it's 100% my lack of knowledge.  Pretty new to the SBC thing, as well as any hardware that connects to them.  I'm tinkering... not winning... but still trying.  :P

13 hours ago, deveric said:

you can connect this device via USB also, which I've been able to communicate with that route; however, I've been unsuccessful in getting it to work when connected to the GPIO

Glad to ear that you can at least use it via USB ...

According to schematic you've provided, it seem connected to UART1, but there several other GPIOs that probably need to be setup properly to get this device running, such RST, 5320_ON/OFF and PWREN.

Since I don't own a Tinkerboard-S, I'm not aware of the default states of those GPIOs...

7 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Glad to ear that you can at least use it via USB ...

According to schematic you've provided, it seem connected to UART1, but there several other GPIOs that probably need to be setup properly to get this device running, such RST, 5320_ON/OFF and PWREN.

Since I don't own a Tinkerboard-S, I'm not aware of the default states of those GPIOs...

EDIT:  Actually, finally got it working... 

Sorry for the delayed response... actually it worked out-of-the-box.  It ended up being the tool I was using to communicate w/ the serial port with.  Not sure why it wasn't working.  I ended up coding my own in Go (golang), connected to the UART1 (/dev/ttyS1) 115200,8N1 and it worked beautifully.