[Solved]Where can I check out kernel source code

Irre

Where can I check out the linux kernel source code for Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 (/usr/src/linux, nothing more nothing less).

The reason is that I had a Gentoo system running on Cubieboard 20 with an outdated kernel, and my attempt to build a new kernel was unsuccessful.

But copying kernel and modules from Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 was really successful. And I have completely rebuilt the whole Gentoo userland using the Debian Wheezy 4.4.3 kernel.

Now I want to re-generate a new 4.4.3 (or newer) kernel using Gentoo genkernel command. For that I only need linux source code. I suspect that the source codes from kernel.org need special patches.

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

I suspect that the source codes from kernel.org need special patches.

Correct ... those (branch NEXT) patches are valid only with 4.4.x ... they might not work on higher without adjusting.

Patches are organized in this logic:

lib/patch/kernel/$family-$branch

In this particular case:

lib/patch/kernel/sunxi-next

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-next

Thank you very much for this useful information. I'll test that on Monday. And also thank you for an excellent distribution of images for sd-cards. These saved my Gentoo installation as I had forgotten to backup the boot-code and kernel on the sd-card. And the old kernel was no where to be found.