No video output

pille

Hello!

I wrote the legacy image to a sd card and put it into the card slot. I can see something like diagnostic message and then "starting kernel". After that there is no video output. Neither over VGA nor over HDMI. Is that wanted? I tried 3 different monitors, but no chance. I can connect via ssh after a few minutes, but using a monitor and a screen would help, when there is no network. What am I doing wrong?

Greetings,

Pille

I should add, that everything worked with the preinstalled android image. And it worked with the main line. While I want to use the nand to boot from, I cannot use the main line.

What kind of monitor do you use?

How do you power the board?

Do you have a network cable attached with DHCP server on the network?
How long did you wait for the screen?

Do you have a blank screen or monitor shut downs because of no signal were detected?

hello

i have the same problem

i've download every build of armbian for my orangepi lite.

some of them are not loading 

some of them shows me starting process - i see "file not found boot/,next", "file not found .next"

then 

"starting kernel"

then my HDMI monitor shutting down with sign "no video input". monitor = fullHD philips

orange pi blinking with red and lights green led

i've waited for a long

power via USB from mac or from plug for iphone

no network cable 

help pls! :(

IMG_1164.jpg

It is an older 5:4 VGA monitor with a 1280x1024 resolution.

The board is powered over the power plug next to the ethernet port.

Network cable is attached and a DHCP server is running.

I am still waiting. I just leave the monitor on.

It says that the signal is out of range.

I also tried a 16:9 VGA Monitor with 1920x1080 and a 16:9 HDMI monitor with 1680x900.

Hello,

today I updated my BananaPi, after a reboot, I don't have a video-output.. the BPi is connected via HDMI to a NEC 55" Monitor.. LAN-cable is plugged in and it gets power via a powersupply.. any suggestion how to solve that? X11vnc works fine

thanks!

Linux bananapim2 4.9.12-sunxi #4 SMP Thu Feb 23 19:46:51 CET 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

hmm i try to use a10disp, but it didnt work:

a10disp info 
Error: Failed to open /dev/disp: No such file or directory
Are you root?

I found this in the Xorg log fie maybe it is usefull..

[     9.525] (II) FBTURBO(0): can't load 'g2d_23' kernel module
[     9.525] (II) FBTURBO(0): failed to enable the use of sunxi display controller
[     9.525] (II) FBTURBO(0): No sunxi-g2d hardware detected (check /dev/disp and /dev/g2d)
[     9.525] (II) FBTURBO(0): G2D hardware acceleration can't be enabled
[     9.525] (II) FBTURBO(0): enabled VFP/NEON optimizations
[     9.526] (==) FBTURBO(0): Backing store enabled
[     9.532] (==) FBTURBO(0): DPMS enabled
[     9.532] (II) FBTURBO(0): failed to enable hardware cursor
[     9.556] (II) FBTURBO(0): can't load 'mali' kernel module
[     9.564] (II) FBTURBO(0): can't load 'mali_drm' kernel module
[     9.572] (II) FBTURBO(0): can't load 'sunxi_cedar_mod' kernel module
[     9.572] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
[     9.572] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[     9.573] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
[     9.705] SunxiMaliDRI2_Init: drmOpen failed!
[     9.705] (II) FBTURBO(0): failed to enable DRI2 integration for Mali GPU
[     9.706] (==) RandR enabled
[     9.816] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[     9.833] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[     9.833] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[     9.979] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast

specialy that the g2d_23 isnt loaded.. can someone help me?

nobody any idea or a hint?

my boot.cmd looks like:

if ext4load mmc 0 0x00000000 /boot/.verbose 
then
setenv verbosity 7
else
setenv verbosity 1
fi

# nonstandard monitor settings for A10, A20 and A31 based boards
# screen is initialized before this script -> saving to u-boot environment is mandatory  
setenv video-mode sunxi:1920x1080-24@30,monitor=hdmi,hpd=0,edid=0,overscan_x=1,overscan_y=2
# setenv video-mode sunxi:1280x720-24@30,monitor=hdmi,hpd=0,edid=1,overscan_x=1,overscan_y=2
# setenv video-mode sunxi:1024x768-24@60,monitor=dvi,hpd=0,edid=0,overscan_x=1,overscan_y=2
saveenv
# nonstandard monitor settings

setenv bootargs "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing
=0 loglevel=${verbosity}"
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Boot loader script to boot with different boot methods for old and new kernel
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if ext4load mmc 0 0x00000000 /boot/.next || fatload mmc 0 0x00000000 .next || ext4load mmc 0 0x00000000 .next
then
# sunxi mainline kernel
ext4load mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} /boot/dtb/${fdtfile} || fatload mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} /dtb/${fdtfile} || ext4load mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} /dtb/${fdtfile}
ext4load mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} /boot/uInitrd || fatload mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} uInitrd || ext4load mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} uInitrd || setenv ramdisk_addr_r "-"
ext4load mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} /boot/zImage || fatload mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} zImage || ext4load mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} zImage
bootz ${kernel_addr_r} ${ramdisk_addr_r} ${fdt_addr_r}
else
# sunxi android kernel
ext4load mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} /boot/script.bin || fatload mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} script.bin || ext4load mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} script.bin
ext4load mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} /boot/uInitrd || fatload mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} uInitrd || ext4load mmc 0 ${ramdisk_addr_r} uInitrd || setenv ramdisk_addr_r "-"
ext4load mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} /boot/zImage || fatload mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} zImage || ext4load mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} zImage
bootz ${kernel_addr_r} ${ramdisk_addr_r}
fi
# Recompile with:
# mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

and yes i recompile it and reboot twice