All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Are you setting the same static IP to both interfaces or are they in different networks? Do you have configured a bridge or some kind of bonding? Can you tell a little bit more on the network configuration? I see my eth0 going down, when unplugging the cable. When booting without cable, it stays down and only WiFi is up and reachable.
  3. If I strace arecord, i see that arecord spawns one child process, which will repeat the following actions write(6, "W", 1) = 1 write(6, "W", 1) = 1 write(6, "W", 1) = 1 read(5, "WWW", 10) = 3 write(7, "\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 8) = 8 read(5, 0xb2789c30, 10) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}, {fd=9, events=POLLIN}], 3, 1498) = 1 ([{fd=9, revents=POLLIN}]) read(9, "\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 8) = 8 read(5, 0xb2789c30, 10) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}, {fd=9, events=POLLIN}], 3, 1496) = 0 (Timeout) getpid() = 12713 the pif returned from getpid() is the pid of the parent process.
  4. Hi everyone, I am using nmtui to setup static ip both eth0 and wlan0 on orange pi zero. It works fine if only one of them was activated I want to use both. If LAN cable was be connected into pi, the board is run on ethernet. On other side, run on wifi when the cable was pluged out When I rebooted the pi without LAN cable, the eth0 auto activated lead to I can't access the module via wifi even though it is connected successful. I must connect via serial and disable eth0 after that I connected via wifi.
  5. Today
  6. This is not normal. Could be a faulty I2C screen. Even after a full power cycle the OLED screen still show this doodles on the first few lines ? The reason is not showing correctly is because you put the device path (/dev/...) instead of putting the mount point. You can use command lsblk to see the mount point of your dm device.
  7. Hi! This patch works fine with linux 5.2.9 :-)
  8. i already did that in my post above ? // sent from mobile phone // Edit: I love titles on YouTube that promise but don't hold. If I read how to install, I, I mean I personally would expect a video that leads me step by step through that process – imagine it is my first time with Linux und SBC. And then ich klick on your install video.
  9. Maybe, but I doubt. Still, you can check if pin 19 on HDMI connector is wired (HPD pin, source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI). From what I see, BSP also uses this for monitor detection. Anyway, there might be some HW thing, since only STBs show some type of HDMI issues (monitor detection on Eachlink, CEC issue on Tanix TX6). Given that experiments confirmed my theory, I think only 2 GiB can be used. I'm trying to achieve correct detection - 2 GiB without workaround. We'll see. No, not really. eMMC is not so important to me, so I don't think I'll investigate this anytime soon. BTW, initial Tanix TX6 DT was merged to mainline yesterday (without ethernet for now).
  10. Yesterday
  11. I think many people don't know the difference between video acceleration and graphics acceleration until they start researching this topic. When I read questions about any type of acceleration for single-board computers I always assume the question is about hardware video decoding unless it specifically mentions 3D or gaming.
  12. graphics acceleration i different to video acceleration, opensource grapthics driver is lima, while upstream video driver is cedrus/libva-request. lima kernel driver is ready and merged to 5.2, and lima userspace driver (mesa) is not ready. what's the status of mesa support? a KEY patch for lima desktop support is submitted for review,, if this patch gets merged, we can rebuild have a try. or you can keep tracking my binary release for mesa: https://github.com/zhangn1985/lima_gpu_drv
  13. @jernej - could it maybe be that the eachlink simply has a hardware design failure, so that some hdmi detection signal is not properly connected and maybe even android uses the forced hdmi connect? ... with this eachlink box nothing would surprise me: the dram seems to be strange, the serial connector is there, but one has to solder in additional stuff to actually make it work etc. looking forward to your dram ideas - do you think there is a chance to really get 3gb out of this box? or only to make it booting safe without mem=2048M? do you also have some idea what might be the problem with emmc on those h6 tv boxes? best wishes - hexdump
  14. I thought the same thing until I actually tried to do it. It's much more complicated than I thought, but at least I learned a lot by reading kernel code and documentation so it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully this feature can be introduced eventually as it will be very nice when it works.
  15. Hi How your up hw mali midgard on armbian and kernel 5.3? Any mini tutorial?
  16. meh, I really don't know what to do at this point without actually having HW here. There are several known issues with H6 HDMI driver and they are all strange. Maybe if I manage to fix at least one I'll be able to deduce what could be the reason for others. I have one possible solution in mind for DRAM driver though. I'll make test patch a bit later.
  17. @jernej - no change - still no signal on hdmi - tested with 5.3-rc3 (which works fine on non eachlink) with your second patch and no video=HDMI-A-1:e (just to be safe - it would be ignored anyway due to the video= parsing bug i guess)
  18. It was not easy at all to come to this point. A lot of new code was written for ffmpeg, cedrus and Kodi to make it work. But since LibreELEC is closed ecosystem, we can afford to make some hacks which would otherwise cause issues with other programs. Anyway, I plan to rework some Cedrus patches these days to remove at least one hack and after that I can try to help you with using that special version of ffmpeg. Reportedly it works fine with unmodified mpv but I didn't test that yet. However, be prepared to pick a lot of patches from latest linux git master. Unfortunately, this is moving target and modified ffmpeg will work with only specific version of Cedrus driver. Once you are able to match ffmpeg and Cedrus driver it's best not to change anything until you have good reason to do so, like extending driver with new features.
  19. A title can only be that long. How should I have called it otherwise? This is the title : Install Armbian on an SBC - Desktop Set up - Install to NVMe ( RockPi4B ) It is just my standard install that I've done so many times that I show. I advertise Armbian with it, and nobody pays me to do it. I can't change the video once it's made. If you want it done better. I'm going to make a video about building armbian. You could write something that you want in it, or give suggestions. Cheers
  20. @hexdump scratch that, this should be be more appropriate (I think): http://ix.io/1SLq
  21. @hexdump this is a shot in the dark, but it might change something anyway. Please try this patch: http://ix.io/1SLn
  22. Edit /etc/armbian-release, and put an empty string in BOARD_NAME=""
  23. It says everywhere "Install on Armbian" if a 12min Video needs 2:22 minutes for the installation... answer it yourself.
  24. Hello all. I spent several days trying to launch Cedrus on Armbian with the Mainline kernel. But i did not achieve any success: vainfo shows that "everything is fine," but the VLC and others are throwing errors. I tried with armbian-dev kernel 5.3.0 (recompiled with Cedar enabled) and with BOOTLIN kernel 5.0 - the result is the same. Why is the Cedar and v4l2_request so easy to use in the LibreELEC project with Mainline kernel ( https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17565-nightly-images-for-a64-h3-and-h6-boards/ )? How is it possible to port? Or is it all because of Kodi? If manage to get hardware acceleration of video and 3D to work in Armbian on H3, then some Orange Pi boards will become an excellent mini-desktops. But for some reason no one is doing this, although all the components would seem to be ready... I wish I had enough experience and knowledge to build it all together.
  25. Thanks, now I have to compare with my working system. Currently all values seem fine, but I have to do more detailed analysis.
  26. @jernej - the result for 5.2.8 without your suggested change and without video=HDMI-A-1:e are the same as for the 5.3-rc3 version above (i.e. non working hdmi) - the 5.2.8 results from above are without your suggested change and with video=HDMI-A-1:e (i.e. working hdmi)
  1. Load more activity