1 1
sumtingwong

Orange Pi Win Plus supplied with 1.42Amps PSU.

(edited)

Ordered Orange Pi Win Plus from official Orange Pi store, it came with bundled PSU.

I always get different errors when latest (by post date) linux Armbian starts and sometimes it starts correctly.

I read this forum carefully and found out this is shitty PSU symptoms, so I took 20 Amps ampermeter and short-circuit PSU through it for 2 seconds, display stopped counting at 1.42 Amps. It is below specs where literally 2 Amps is required!

Besides this I measured voltage and current near board PSU outlet, I got max current it eats through boot process is 0.54 Amps and voltage falls max to 5.32 Volts. Seems like PSU must fit this board but I still get that low power issues. Physics laws are wrong or what?)

Someone maybe can tell me voltage should not be lower than X so board will work good. X = ?

My multimeter looks like this:

https://i.ibb.co/h8JJ5j6/Digital-Multimeter-VC9808-with-Frequency-Capacitance-Temperature.jpg

Board: Orange Pi Win
Edited by sumtingwong

36 minutes ago, sumtingwong said:

and sometimes it starts correctly.

Please supply armbianmonitor -u logs

Problem solved. Ordered 8A/5V PSU from Ali-Express (revealed to be 6A) and all works fine.

Oh that Chinese tech people. They can forge single-plate computer but can not forge adequate PSU.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, Igor said:

Please supply armbianmonitor -u logs

Dear Igor, I am so sorry for my noobism.

After 2 successful boots of my board with new PSU random boot errors started occurring again. Seems like I hit that successful boots and assumed new PSU was the source of success.

Wrote latest server version of Armbian to my SD card and run the armbianmonitor -U after first successful boot without errors occurred.

Please see attachment for log.

armbianmonitor_log.txt