va88

Rock64 not booting after "apt upgrade"

Hey guys, I installed Armbian some months ago in my Rock64 and I had never updated the packages.

Yesterday I decided to do an apt update + apt upgrade to update one of the applications I use.

I noticed that meanwhile apt updated Armbian itself, and began to ask for a reboot.

A few hours later I rebooted the board.

At first I couldn't connect due to connection refusal, so I went plugged a keyboard and hdmi on the board to see what was happening.

It looks like while doing this I unplugged the power source suddenly, and now the board won't boot the system in this OS. No image or response in the USB keyboard.

I thought it could be SD corruption, but I'm able to open the SD card in my Desktop and see its contents.

Since I had a lot of tweaking in the old system, is there a way to copy some parts of a new image and paste in the SD, so I can boot it again?

Or maybe reflash the SD with the latest armbian, then pasting some folders over it (maybe home and /var/lib at least)?

Thanks for the advices.

I did a test by upgrading oldest (1 year old Bionic server) image that we have and upgrade went without a problem. If you broke the system somehow, you have to fix it or ... perhaps its better to start with a clean build and copy over your data and settings.

Just now, Igor said:

I did a test by upgrading oldest (1 year old Bionic server) image that we have and upgrade went without a problem. If you broke the system somehow, you have to fix it or ... perhaps its better to start with a clean build and copy over your data and settings.

Yeah, since at first it was just refusing connections, it probably needed a simple UFW fix. 

But now it just won't boot, so I guess I'll have to begin from scratch...