No sound card / audio capabilities in Olimex Lime (A10)

karanbole

Hi guys,

I am very sorry to bother you, I tried everything I could to make this work but unfortunately, I can't figure it out. So here I am asking for help ! ;)

I am using the Armbian 4.5 Jessie (Kernel 3.4.109) on an Olimex Lime A10 board, everything works fine (Wifi & Bluetooth via USB dongles), but there's no sound. 

I tried aplay -l but nothing is found.

modprobe sun4i_codec returns "codec not found".

Could you help me find what's wrong ? I would like to avoid compiling a kernel by myself if it's possible ... 

Thanks !

Perfect: worked like a charm !

Do you know why it is disabled by default ? Newbies like me would never find out why they can't get sound out of this thing ...

Anyway, thank you very much for the help and clear indications.

SOLVED !

Do you know why it is disabled by default ? Newbies like me would never find out why they can't get sound out of this thing ...

There are 30 fex files for different boards, and it''s hard to keep track of all configuration options unless someone points out that something was misconfigured or wasn't enabled.

There are 30 fex files for different boards, and it''s hard to keep track of all configuration options unless someone points out that something was misconfigured or wasn't enabled.

And at least with Lime/Lime2 enabling analog audio by default is somewhat problematic since these boards do not have a headphone/TRRS jack but the relevant PIN is defined as 'GPIO 28' by default: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A10-OLinuXino-LIME#GPIO_under_Linux (available on the LCD connector and also used there for this purpose)