S905w unable to boot from internal

rafaelSorel

Hello, 

I have bought an x96mini with a uboot version from 03/2019, everythings works perfectly when booting from SD, but when I try to boot from internal the kernel boots and it stops at "waiting for root device", after an investigation I have noticed that the partitions layout is different from the standard one, I have updated the dtb to be inline with that layout but the problem remains the same, unable to boot from internal.

Here is the original dts file from that box, 

Any help would be appreciated, knowing that I am using the kernel version 3.14.

Thanks,

01_dtbdump_Amlogic.dts

10 minutes ago, rafaelSorel said:

but when I try to boot from internal the kernel boots and it stops at "waiting for root device", after an investigation I have noticed that the partitions layout is different from the standard one, I have updated the dtb to be inline with that layout but the problem remains the same, unable to boot from internal.

I got such a problem (waiting for root device) with a RPi 3B after recreating partitions on a SDCard for getting a bigger partition 1 (FAT32) and restoring the old contents.

While creatng the new partitions they do get a new PARTUUID, which is configured in /etc/fstab (and on the RPi 3B also in /boot/cmdline.txt).

With the command blkid I searched for the IDs and did put the new value in /etc/fstab.

After that my RPi 3B did boot properly from the new created SDCard.

Here my sample:

root@rpi3-aiy(192.168.6.206):~# more /etc/fstab

proc                  /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
PARTUUID=21fbfeb1-01  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
PARTUUID=21fbfeb1-02  /               ext4    defaults,noatime  0       1
# a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
#   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that

RPI does not have any internal storage, it boots mainly on the SD card, I did not change any partitions, I just described the partitions in the dtb file to match the original dtb, I think that the kernel does not see the /dev/system partition, I don't know why, here the modified dtb file that I have updated, not the original one.

gxl_p281_1g.dts

• Werner locked this topic