Kernel versions greater that 4.19 on Orange PI+ 2

OrangeRoss

I'm willing to dusto off my H3-based Orange PI+ 2, because of all the great work that has being done recently on kernel 4.20, 5.0, 5.1 etc to support both H3 and Mali 400/450.

However, for some reason, it seems that my board (even though it's officially supported) hasn't been updated past 4.19 kernel, so all the cool things are missing.

On the other hand there are some WIP/no-yet-supported Orange Pi boards that DO support 5.1 kernel, so I'm a little bit confused. Is there any roadmap for newer kernels on H3 boards?

You can upgrade to DEV kernel (armbian-config -> system -> other kernel) which is 5.3.y and it should run, but its officially not supported. Check:

for more info.

6 hours ago, OrangeRoss said:

Is there any roadmap

https://www.armbian.com/get-involved and help in visualising that. Or do something else and people who are overloaded with day 2 day activities will have time for that.

6 hours ago, OrangeRoss said:

great work that has being done recently on kernel 4.20, 5.0, 5.1 etc to support both H3 and Mali 400

This is present in Armbian kernel 4.19 for about a year now. But driver performance is not on the usable levels.