[Odroid-C2 - Wifi connection lost] - Kernel updated and Wifi fails - a Bug?

Recommended Posts


I recently updated the kernel of Jessie on the Od-C2:
# uname -a
Linux odroidc2 3.14.65-odroidc2 #33 SMP PREEMPT Sat Mar 26 14:50:37 CET 2016 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Consequently, with this new environment, the wifi connection fails:

# iw wlan0 scan
nl80211 not found.

when started mannually, the wpa_supplicant starts +/-:
# wpa_supplicant -B -i wlan0 -O /var/run/wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant

# ifup wlan0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1
Failed to bring up wlan0.

# iwconfig returns:
eth0      no wireless extensions.

ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

The wireless (RT3072) dongle is well recognized:
# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1d57:fa60 Xenta
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 148f:3072 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT3072 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 6557:5500  
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

And restarting the wicd service doesn't change nothing.

(The wired internet-connection is full functional)

I dig in many forums but I didn't found nothing similar...

Seems to be a bug ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using your kernel before the update, that was 100 % wifi-functional

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably some bug. There were many updates on our and their side ... and C2 is months away from stable.


Perhaps some stupid idea - remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and try again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for your suggestion!


"...and C2 is months away from stable"

, a sweet euphemism : ).


Unfortunately, removing the persistent rules has no effect on the wifi...


I will build again a new OS with your kernel, 

and avoid to change again to the c2 version!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you for your attention and sorry for the delay... family time..

The image before that was working fine was the 'Armbian_5.06_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.65_desktop' version.

To be installed, the root partition was transferred with the nand-sata-install script to an USB 3.0 storage device and the depository address was changed like suggested here somewhere, replacing 'http://httpredir.debian.org/debian' to 'http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian' in the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Recently, after an upgrade, the wifi has been totally lost.


I built today a new image from the last version of your software (http://mirror.igorpecovnik.com/Armbian_5.10_Odroidc2_Debian_jessie_3.14.67_desktop.7z), transferred the root partition of the SD to an USB 3.0 device with the incorporated nand -script, made an update/upgrade (keeping the http://httpredir.debian.org/debian address), installed different programs like the navit and gps-daemon and everything works now (again!) like a charm.


So... It was well a bug before...


A very good day-end!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.