Odroid C2 Bionic vs OrangePi3 Bionic

beroot

Hi guys,

i have a question regarding the installation method of the two operating systems.

On my OrangePI3 I booted the operating system from micro sd card and told armbian bionic that the eMMC memory will only be used as a boot loader while the rootfs of the actual operating system is installed on a connected USB stick.

Is it the same with the Armbian Bionic for the Odroid C2 version?

Or is it the case that the future operating system is written directly to the eMMC memory and booted from there?

And then there was the reminder that Odroid C2 does not boot from USB. . .

Can I use it as described for OrangePI3?

1 hour ago, beroot said:

i have a question regarding the installation method of the two operating systems.

Your questions are not clear ...

First, both OPi3 and OdroidC2 are completely different boards.

Second, having rootfs running from USB drive usually can be done on almost any boards, but requires some manual steps, like tweaking /boot/armbianEnv.txt and /etc/fstab to point to proper UUID of the USB drive.

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

Maybe I asked the question wrong. Maybe I'd better ask if installing Armbian Bionic for the Odroid-C2 works the same way as for the Orange Pi 3.

Write image to SD card, plug in eMMC memory, then boot and install from SD card, where eMMC serves as boot loader and the "rootfs" is copied to a connected USB stick. Currently I have had Ubuntu 18. 04 on the device for about 2 years and have adapted it so that at least the "/usr" and "/var" directories are moved to USB. Of course, this is not a nice solution and I would have liked to have the rest of the "rootfs" on USB as well, but it serves its purpose. I mean when installing the Orange Pi3 / Arbian Bionic there was the option to install, boot from eMMC and rootfs to USB.

Would that be the same for the Odroid-C2 / Armbian Bionic?