Banana Pi Pro - 7" LCD Touch Display - How to enable?

sgei

Hello,

a few months ago I wrote a tutorial to enable the 7" touch display for Banan Pi and Banana Pi Pro.

Unfortunately the files (*.dts e.g. sun7i-a20-bananapro.dts) have changed and I don't know how to integrate the patches in the current armbian version.

Does anybody know how to do it?

Is there already a overlay to enable it?

Thanks.

Steffen

On 12/30/2019 at 5:52 PM, sgei said:

how to integrate the patches in the current armbian version.

Changes are not ours, but upstream. We are adjusting our patches all the time. (there you could also find some clues)

On 12/30/2019 at 5:52 PM, sgei said:

Does anybody know how to do it?

No, but I have some ideas how to proceed. First find out how references were changed - which is what makes most of the troubles here. Then make use of existing overlays and create one for this display - and search around before since it is possible someone already did it. Or for similar display.

U-boot integration - enable all by default or enable all but stuff in the config ... if things works normally with or without a display.

Hi Igor, hi all,

I invested some time in the problem over the weekend and was able to find a solution.

I also found a workaround for the shutdown/poweroff-issue.

Here is the link to the updated tutorial:

Now it would be nice to have a device tree overlay for this display.

@Igor, can you include the driver for the touchscreen by default (kernel config / not as module)?

Can anybody help to create a overlay?

Steffen

9 minutes ago, sgei said:

can you include the driver for the touchscreen by default (kernel config / not as module)?

Sure - send a PR to all affected config(s). I assume it does not break anything.

BTW. Great job! I still have your display around. I might test it when possible ;)