Problem after upgrade

zmicro

Goodmorning,

I've upgraded my Orange Pi-PC to 5.11

Upgrading process OK then rebooted.

Now PI continue rebooting (leds turn on as usual but after a while they turn off)

and i'm not able to access it. 

Have you any advice? is there a way to reset it?

thanks in advance

After lot of time i succesfully recovered my orange pi.

Everything was ok, all my data was ok but i found another problem: wireless dongle was no more recognized.

I took another sd, installed 5.10 and everything was ok. After upgrading to 5.11 WiFi was lost.

My dongle is 8188eu and with 5.10 worked like a charm.

Thanks in advance.

R.

The upgrade indeed kills wifi and on most boots produces a kernel oops , probably by loading a wrong wifi module.

I connected a screen to the opi pc and could just view the oops passing by. After a few reboots,

by chance it stabilised and went through to login.

so I rmmoded the rtl8192cu and all related modules and tried to load armbians special 8192cu module.

The result was "module 8192 not found", but the module exists in /lib/modules/3.4.112-sun8i/kernel/net/wireless/

and an insmod /lib/modules/3.4.112-sun8i/kernel/net/wireless/8192cu.ko was successful and produced the wlan0.

modprobe will not find the module. What is wrong?

best, gnasch

Sorry I don't get it. How can this be repaired? Manually loading the modules with insmod will only work till the next reboot.

How can a working configuration be restored?

Thanks,

gnasch

This module is not a part of a kernel. We build it on the way and since it's not packed it fails out when an upgrade is issued.

Feature, which we added, is not done on the proper way yet ... but you can make a module on your own too.