how to change/force text console resolution?

broodwich82

Hello, I'm trying to use a NanoPi M4 with an old TV. When the system boots, the TV displays "Invalid resolution." However, it works with a different TV, which unfortunately I cannot use full time.

I note that on the working TV, there's a line in dmesg stating "Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 240x67" which would imply that this can be configured somewhere?? However I tried searching, the only docs I get are outdated, for other hardware, or don't work. I tried adding 'disp.screen0_output_mode=1280x720p60' to /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but it had no effect. A pointer as to where these settings are actually controlled would be very helpful. Thanks :)

I got as far as 'cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes' and see only 1920x1080 in there ...... that seems weird.

Still have not been able to figure out how to get this board to boot to console mode at a specified resolution.

Edit: editing the u-boot environment in armbian-config and setting either of the following didn't work:

video=HDMI-A-1:1366x768@60

video=card0-HDMI-A-1:1366x768@60

nor did choosing a standard resolution of 1024x768@60 work with either of those connector specifications.

nor did setting 'drm.edid_firmware=edid/1024x768.bin' in u-boot in armbian-config.