Bananapi M1 with Armbian 20.02.1

The

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my Bananapi M1. So I downloaded "Buster minimal" from https://www.armbian.com/bananapi/ Last modified: 2020-02-17. I flashed the image to my SD card and started the SBC. But nothing happened. I got no heartbeat LED nor HDMI output. (I know from my Tinkerboard that I have to boot without connected HDMI to start correct. I did this with the bananapi too.) So I tried different variants: Bionic server, Buster server and Buster desktop. I never had a video output. I cross checked with my old raspian lite from 2016. With this image the Bananapi works. I used dd and Etcher for SD card preparation.

What am I doing wrong? Can I use this version with the Bananapi?

Best regards.

1 hour ago, The said:

What am I doing wrong?

It seems that images are corrupted while when I made one from sources, it works ... I will remake them in 15-20.

Edit: @The Images were updated.

Thank you very much. This was really fast.

I tried different images:

• Armbian_5.90_Bananapi_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113_desktop - Green heartbeat LED flashes sometimes. No HDMI output.
  • Armbian_19.11.6_Bananapi_buster_current_5.4.8_desktop - No heartbeat LED. No HDMI output.
  • All new Armbian_20.02.5_Bananapi_xxxx_xxxxx_5.4.26 - No heartbeat LED. No HDMI output.

Is HDMI output enabled? Is the green heartbeat LED enabled?

I want to install some things in front of the SBC. If all is configured I want to use it headless.

Do you have some hints for me?

10 hours ago, The said:

No HDMI output.

That is something wrong on your side. HDMI 100% works. 

10 hours ago, The said:

new Armbian_20.02.5_Bananapi_xxxx_xxxxx_5.4.26

Was manually tested by me. It works. HDMI screen already starts in boot loader.

Get a serial console and see what you got there. If anything?

10 hours ago, The said:

Is the green heartbeat LED enabled?

Not sure how it is configured - power, SD card activity, heartbeat ... This is not consistent over all boards. Its low priority to make this the same.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, Igor said:

That is something wrong on your side. HDMI 100% works.

I found the error. It was because of my HDMI cable. With a shorter cable it works. Now my Bananapi M1 runs well.

@Igor: Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the quick answers. Now I share all current torrents for that SBC.

6 minutes ago, The said:

Now I share all current torrents for that SBC.

Thank you! Please use our scripts because torrents are updating all the time.