How will achieve less current consumption on an orange pi one.

sivix

Hello everyone! You need to run an orange from battery power. I achieved by lowering the frequency of the current to 160mA. But I can't turn off the GPU. since I don't need it and ethernet.

uname -a
Linux orangepione 5.9.14-sunxi #20.11.3 SMP Fri Dec 11 20:31:12 CET 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@orangepione:~#

I installed the h3consumption utility, but it does not output information to the console.

root@orangepione:~# h3consumption -p
root@orangepione:~#

from teams root@orangepione:~# h3consumption -g and root@orangepione:~# h3consumption -g off change but no current.

I think the core is very new. I don’t know which way to go, install the old kernel or look for how to disable the GPU and ETH in the new kernel.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sivix

• sivix changed the title to How will achieve less current consumption on an orange pi one.

Hello, you did not state what you lowered your clock speed to, but on my Orange Pi Zero I set the  clock

to 400MHz and maximum clock speed to 648MHz using conservative governor.

This draws around 180-210mA  and runs cool at 31C without a heat sink.

For IoT you don't need GHz of processing power and 4 cores at 400MHz beats my RPi 2 in

terms of both performance and power consumption. The link from Werner is excellent however

and you may be able to reduce consumption more.